Chapter 49

Kelani

Kelani

It's almost 2am, and never in my wildest dreams did I see myself watching Cinderella in the most expensive penthouse in Sydney, with an ocean-city view beside me.

The sound of the rain makes the ambiance so much better, calmer. Mateo is still napping in the bedroom. After showing me around the entire penthouse, he said he was tired and wanted to try napping early so he can stay up with me through the night. It's been about four hours and I'd be lying if I said I didn't miss him.

Yuck.

Never in my life have I missed a man's presence. I fear I've become attached to Mateo Askade.

He's made it clear that he's attached to me so that calms my nerves somewhat. Knowing the other person is also attached to you is an indescribable relief, especially when you have severe anxiety.

When the movie finishes, I move near the window and look at the hypnotising pool that ripples when the light rain drops hit it.

When Mateo showed me the pool, he told me he made sure to get a room with a private pool so I'd feel comfortable swimming without feeling anxious about someone seeing my skin. So he bought the penthouse.

No no not rented- he owns it. The idea that he has money to just burn like that baffles me. He said his dad has been managing his money all his life, so up until now, Mateo has managed to save hundreds of millions of dollars, that's not including his inheritance. So Gabriel is just now letting him be reckless with his money because he has 'too much'.

Mateo is a fucken multi-millionaire and I haven't truly fathomed that until now.

The pool continues to call out to me, and after admiring the ambiance of it all for a good five minutes, I finally give in and slide open the glass door.

I slowly step down the couple stairs and remember that I'm over seventy stories in the air right now, but I am not going to let that get in the way of my only chance to swim freely with no insecurities since I was seventeen. 

The rippling water draws me closer, and when I pull my top over my head, I feel this odd sense of relief. The rain cold against my bare skin, sliding down my back and then to my bare legs. Since I didn't pack any swimmers, my under garments will have to do. My red lace bra and matching underwear hug comfortably around my hips and bust.

I take the scrum by out of me hair and let my now grown out curls free, that if straightened would reach the mid of my back.

One foot in, second foot, it's cold but it's sensational. I continue into the water and dip my whole body beneath the illuminated water, wetting my hair before coming back up for air.

The exhilaration that rushes through my veins makes me let out a deep breath through a grin. I want to enjoy this as much as I possibly can before I have to go back to reality.