28

Beyoncé Took Another Sushi Into Her Mouth As She Looked Around For Cliff. He Was Running Late Which Wasn't Like Him At All. She Looked Down At Her Phone Hoping To See A Text, Missed Call Just Something From Shawn. She Hadn't Seen Him Since He Dropped Her Off Home And She Was Beginning To Feel Like It Was All Her Fault.

"My Bad" She Heard As Cliff Slid Inside The Booth From Across Her. "An Hour Cliff?" She Asked.

"You Know I Work Right?"

"So Do I" She Said Chewing Down On Her Food. "Sushi?" Cliff Asked Looking Down At The Arrangement Of Food Before Him. "You Know I Love Sushi And I Was Hungry" She Defended.

"You Right But I Said I Was Sorry"

She Nodded Her Head Looking At Him As He Checked His Phone. "Can We Talk About The Other Day Now?" She Asked. He Looked Up From His Phone Placing It Into His Pocket. "You First" He Said.

"I Don't Know What Your Problem Is With Shawn But It Has To End. He's A Good Guy, He Treats Me Well, He's Good With Brooklyn. There's Nothing More To Say" She Said.

"I Told You I Don't Trust Him-"

"And What About Me? Cause I Never Liked Tamika But Because That Was Your Girl And Your Getting Married To Her I Put My Feelings Aside For You Clifford" She Shot. He Sighed "Is This About Me Being Able To Move On?"

"No, What?" He Said Twisting Up His Face. "You Really Showed Your Ass And Upset Our Daughter. Like She Doesn't Want To Talk To You. I Had To Have A Whole Conversation With Her" Beyoncé Explained.

"I'll Try To Do Better...But Only For Brooklyn" He Said. "All I Ask You To Do Is Try"

"I'm Sorry" He Said Looking Into Her Eyes. "You Need To Apologize To Shawn And Brooklyn"

"I Will" He Said. She Looked At Him "How's The Wedding Plans? Less Then A Week Away"

"Stressing The Fuck Out Of Me, This Is The Last Time I'm Getting Married" He Confessed Taking A Sushi From Her Plate. She Giggled "It Takes A Lot Which Is Why I Made Mines Simple"

"But It Still Was Beautiful" He Smirked. She Smiled Weakly "It Was Aight"

"Here You Go" He Said. "You And Tamika Okay?" Beyoncé Asked. "I Mean It Is What It Is At This Point...We Going Through Some Shit But Nothing We Can't Fix"

"Cliff" Beyoncé Said. She Was Hearing Bullshit. She's Known This Man For Years And Knew When He Was Lying. "Tamika Lost The Baby" He Said.

"Aw I'm So Sorry " Beyoncé Said. Even Though She Didn't Like The Woman The Last Thing She Wanted Was For Her To Loose A Child. "I'm Good...We Just Been Fighting About That Cause I Feel Like She Aborted It Without My Consent"

"Now That's A Big Accusation" Beyoncé Said. "I Know But I Feel Like She's Lying To Me About Something Which Is Causing Conflict Between Us"

"With The Wedding Being Days Away" Beyoncé Said Looking At Him Uneasy. "Speaking Of Wedding, We Want To Invite Shawn...As A Peace Offering" Cliff Said Making Beyoncé Smile.

"Really Cliff?" She Wasn't Expecting Him To Do That Especially Since He Hadn't Apologized Yet. "Yeah...I Was Just Being Over Protective Of Brooklyn. Men Are Different From Women"

"What Do You Mean By That?" She Asked. "I Mean, I'll Trust A Woman Over A Man Any Day"

"But You Barely Gave Shawn A Chance"

"Your Right And For That I Apologize" He Said. She Nodded Her Head As Her Phone Dinged Making Her Smile Hoping It Was Shawn Finally Texting Her But It Was Brooklyn Making Her Frown. "What's Wrong?" He Asked. She Texted Her Daughter Back "Nothing"

"I'll Stop By Tomorrow To Apologize To Brook" He Said Taking A Sip Of His Water. "As You Should"

"How You Been Though?" He Asked Taking Another Sushi. "I've Been Alright, Dealing With Drama From My Homegirls But Other Than That Fine" She Said. Leaving Out The Details Of Her And Shawn.

"Oh My Mom Wants Brooklyn For Christmas" He Said. Cliffs Mother Lived In Philly And She's Always Adored Beyoncé And She Felt The Same. She Was A Second Mother To Her And Such A Good Grandparent. "I Don't Know...Christmas Is Our Favorite Holiday"

"But You Know She Barely Sees My Moms" He Said As He Began To Pout Giving Her The Puppy Dog Face As She Laughed. "I'll Think About It" She Said.

"I'll Take That" He Said. The Waitress Approached To Check On Them And Ask If Cliff Wanted To Order Anything. "Nah I'm Good Thank You" He Said.

"Can I Get A To Go Box?" Beyoncé Asked. The Waitress Nodded Her Head As She Walked Away.

"Well I Can't Wait To See Your Wedding...I'm Happy For You" She Said. He Nodded His Head Looking Into Her Eyes "Thank You, Greatly Appreciated"

The Waitress Handed Her The Bill And To Go Box, Cliff Reached Into His Pocket Taking Out His Goyard Wallet Placing Two Twenties Down On The Table. "Oooo Thank You Baby Daddy" Beyoncé Said As He Shook His Head. They Got Up From The Table Walking Out The Restaurant.

"I'll See You Later" He Said. She Got Into Her Jeep Placing The Box On The Driver Seat. It Was Still Early And She Didn't Need To Pick Brooklyn Up Yet So She Drove Home Seeing Shawn's Car In The Driveway. She Got Out With Her Purse And Food. He Got Out His Car "What Are You Doing Here Shawn?" She Asked Walking Up To Her Front Door.

He Followed Her Inside. "I Needed To Talk To You"

"For What? I Haven't Talked To You In Like Three Days, You Haven't Shown Up To Work"

He Closed The Front Door And Beyoncé Looked Around For Michelle But She Was Nowhere To Be Found So She Placed Her Keys And Things Down On The Coffee Table. Shawn Stood By The Front Door.

"I Know...I Needed Time To Think-"

"Stop Acting Like Your Alone In This Relationship. You Need To Talk Your Shit Out"

"I'm Trying Beyoncé, I Told You I'm Not Used To Expressing My Fucking Feelings"

She Looked At Him "But When I Ask You And You Brush It Off How Do You Think That Makes Me Feel?"

"I Don't Know"

"Exactly Cause You Don't Explain How You Feel" She Said. He Sighed "Your Baby Daddy Pissed Me Off And I Didn't Want To Say Some Shit I'd Regret"

"Well I Talked To Him Laid Down The Law And He's Willing To Apologize To You...He Also Invited Us To His Wedding"

Shawn Twisted Up His Face "You Don't Think Thats Weird?"

"No...We're Going To Eventually Be A Family" She Replied. He Nodded His Head "I'm Sorry Bey...You Know My Attitude Is Fucking Shit"

"Just Talk To Me" She Said As He Walked Up To Her. "I'll Try-"

"No You Will" She Said. He Nodded His Head Wrapping His Arms Around Her Waist Looking Down At Her Lips Before Kissing Them. "So You'll Be My Date?" She Smirked. "I Will"

She Gave Him A Couple Of Pecks "And Stop Disappearing On Me...I Don't Like Being Away From You For Too Long"

"Okay Baby...I'll Work On That Too" He Said As She Started To Frown Thinking About What Emory Had To Say The Other Day. "You Good?" He Asked Noticing Her Sudden Change Of Attitude.

"Emory Told Me Your Playing Me...Still Fucking Women"

Shawn Clenched His Teeth. She Looked At Him Seeing How Upset He Was. "Say Something Shawn" She Said.

"The Only Woman I Slept With Is You And Even Though That's Been Hard For Me. I've Only Been Committed To You"

She Placed Her Hand On His Cheek "So Why Would He Say That?"

"Man I Don't Know, But I'll Get To The Bottom Of That Shit Quick" He Said. She Giggled "Can You Sleepover Tonight? I Haven't Seen You In Three Days" She Pouted Wrapping Her Arms Around His Waist Looking Into His Brown Eyes.

"You Missed Me That Bad Huh?" He Smirked. She Nodded Her Head "Real Bad"

He Licked His Lips "Anybody Home?"

She Giggled "Uh Ah My Kitty Cat Still Recovering From The Other Night"

He Laughed "Okay Baby"