CHAPTER 18

"A what club," Enzo said with confusion settling on his face

"A book club," I said with a cherry tone.

"Why?"

"Because why not," I said lifting an eyebrow.

He turn around and starts walking to my couch. I find that quiet rude actually, walking off and acting like this is your house.

But I still end up following him to my couch. He sits down with sugar still in his arms. I sit next to him making sure to keep some sorts of distances between us.

"So what is a book club, specifically what do we do." He said looking down at sugar as he pats her head.

"I don't know, never been in one," I said shrugging my shoulders.

It's true, I always wanted to be in a book club. But Jennie doesn't really read, not to mention she falls sleep when I talk about anything relating to books.

"You want to start a club and yet you have no idea what your doing." He said lifting an eyebrow.

"Pretty much," I said smiling at him.

"Okay than," he said so what do you wanna do.

"Well I was thinking we could buy a book and read a chapter a day, considering we see each other pretty much every single day.

"Alright," Enzo says nodding his head.

He puts sugar down on the floor, an she walks away I'm guess to her bed. He than turn his body to my direction so he facing me.

"So what book are we reading,"

it only took him six words to put the biggest smile on my face.

"Lucky for you I already bought the book," I said grabbing the bag which had the book in them.

I pulled the book out and placed it on the couch, I then put the bag away.

"Verity," he says reading the cover as I handed him to book.

"Yup, I saw all over tiktok of people reading it so why not give it a chance."

He nods then he looks up at me and tilts his head.

"Where's you book?"

"I only bought one, I thought it be better but if you want I can buy another one."

He shakes his head, "no it's okay."

"I thought I could read a chapter or we take turn either way, and we share our thought."

"Okay, when do we start."

"We could start now," I said as he hands me the book back.

"Okay than,"

Both me and Enzo got comfortable, once everything was okay I started to read the first chapter of verity.

"I hear the crack of his skull before the spattering of blood reaches me."

(A/N - this is the first sentence in verity by Colleen Hoover)

~ 3 hours later ~

It is currently dinner time and me and Enzo have had read up to chapter four.

The book was good really good. We finished eating pizza and are currently watching sopranos. Like it or not we still have an assessment to do.

We would normally stop at the end of the chapter and talk, we talked about our thoughts on what may happen and our opinions.

It felt nice having someone be there while you read and they actually understood everything.

Me and Enzo were half asleep. I don't know how but we ended up in a cuddling position again it somehow always happens.

Both of us agreed to not read anymore till tomorrow considering we were both tired.

I couldn't even watch half of the shows because I wanted to sleep.

It was weird I couldn't sleep next to anyone after that one event that happened in my past, which lead me to be paranoid and I couldn't ever sleep near people.

But here I am next to Enzo about to fall asleep in his arms.

Who knew I would be able to sleep next to anyone after that, but I could sleep comfortably next to him.

"You sleepy," Enzo voice said in a whisper.

I could barely even keep my eyes open, so I just nodded.

He pulled me closer to him. And whispers in my ears "okay go to sleep now."

That was all it took for darkness to take over me.

——————————————————————

A/N hello everyone

Part 18 done

I'm sorry this is a short chapter I been busy with school and in general.

See you next chapter

Kisses.