CHAPTER 66

ONE WEEK LATER

ONE WEEK LATER

Over the past week only close friends and family have visited.

Ezra made sure that this was kept quiet and no unnecessary visitors were allowed.

He also had his men sanctioned every corner of his level. Making sure no one suspicious wonders in.

I haven't left Enzo's side since, I only left when I had to change my bandages, shower and go home to get my clothes.

Besides that I have been staying here. It wasn't so bad, I have occupied my day by reading out loud, still continuing our book club.

Sometimes Aunt Bella or Stella would keep me company, by cutting different types fruits and telling me all kinds of stories from back in the day.

They would tell me stories about Enzo growing up and even a few stories of Matteo and Lucas.

Jennie would try to visit as much as she could but she has started apartments hunting. Saying she doesn't want to spend another day in that house.

But who could blame her, her step father has been driving her crazy. Saying she's bringing shame on the family name by not attending university.

I told her she could stay at my house but she refuse saying that's my house and she doesn't want to be a burden.

I keep telling her it's fine, but she's as stubborn as a mule.

Lucas on the other hand haven't visited since the day he walked out. No one has seen or heard of him since.

Ezra keeps telling me that he just need time but I'm starting to get worried.

I was in the middle of cutting an apple when my phone goes off. Thinking it was Jennie I accepted the call without checking.

"Hello," I say.

"Hello, is this Rebecca Rose?"  The man ask from the other line.

"Yes, who's this?" I ask, frowning.

"My name is Arthur Smith, I'm a lawyer for the American mafia."

American mafia? Why would their lawyer be calling me?

"Why are you calling me?" I say, placing my plate of apples down on the table giving this man my full attention.

"See as you may already know Conner is dead. Meaning we need a new leader for the mafia. I would like to discuss this in more detail with you today at best."