CHAPTER 55

"Conner," I whisper

"Conner," I whisper.

"How have you been Ray?" He says, saying it like he haven't been dead for eight fucking years. And, this was just a normal everyday interaction with your sibling.

"What are you doing here?" I say, basically choking out my words.

"Come on Ray, don't look so surprised. How could I possibly miss my little sisters graduation." He says walking closer towards us.

"How did you find me?" I say, I could feel my hands start to shake furiously.

But he completely ignores my question and turn his attention to Enzo. "Lorenzo Romano, how long has it been since I last saw you. Eight years, you sure have grown up. I still remember seeing the fear in your eyes as I killed your mother and sister. Tragic really, my condolences."

I stared at my brother shocked, my eyes wide and it felt like time had stoped.

My brother fucking killed his sister and mother, he destroyed their lives.

I turn to see Enzo clenching and unclenching his fists. His expression completely blank as he stared at the eyes of a person who destroyed his family.

I turn back to my brother "What.. what do you want." I stutter, I tried to be brave but how could I.

This was a mess, Enzo wasn't even meant to find out about my brother being alive and working for the American mafia, not like this. And the fucking cheery on top, I was related to the person who made Enzo grow up without a mother and his little sister.

"I thought you would be excited to see me, especially considering you already knew about me" He says frowning. "But all well, this isn't going to be our last interaction."

"It was good to see you Lorenzo, I'm guessing you haven't forgotten about what I said that night. This is only the beginning, worst will come. So, get ready for the final showdown."

He walks towards me, stoping when he's standing right in front of me.

I look up at him, as tears filled my eyes. He hold my arm, like he used to do when I was younger. "You have become the spitting image of our mother." He sighs, before gripping my arm tight enough to make me hiss.

He leans down to my ear, I could feel his warm breath hitting the back of my neck. "And, I fucking hate it." He says, his words holding nothing more then disgust. Making me shake under his hold, I could feel a single tear drop go down my face.

He pulls back and smiles like he said nothing wrong, he also loosens his grip on my arm. "Congratulations Ray." He drops his hand and walks out of the door.

We could hear his car engine in the background and how he slowly drives off. Leaving behind his haunting presence.

We stay in silence for a while, the tension thicker then it has ever been. None of us making a effort to move or talk.