CHAPTER 20

It's almost the end of third period and I haven't seen Rebecca all day

She wasn't in any classes we shared, and Jennie was alone at lunch.

I wonder where she could be, the last time I saw her she was fine.

Something doesn't seem right.

(Ding, Ding)

Third period had just ended. I put my book, laptop and my single pen in my bag and walked out of the classroom. Now I'm heading towards fourth period, which is science.

I walked in my science classroom and sat down in my seat, which was towards the back. Not long after Lucas joined me.

"What's up with you, you been acting weird all day." Lucas says as he sat down next to me.

"I'm always like this," I said raising an eyebrow.

"Not today, something seems different," Lucas say furrowing his eyebrows, like he's trying to understand something.

I should have known out of everyone Lucas would know when something was wrong with me, he somehow always knows and vice versa.

But all a sudden an idea pops in my head, Jennie would know if something was wrong  with Rebecca.

"Actually I have a favour," I said turning towards Lucas.

"Okay, what is it," Lucas says turning towards me.

Just as I was about to say my idea, the teacher walks in and starts doing her good mornings.

I honestly don't care and I carry on talking with Lucas.

"You have Jennie's number right."

"Yeah," Lucas nods looking confused.

"Can I text her on your phone."

"Ew you better not ask her out on my phone. You might catch an STD," Lucas says with disgust written all over his face.

When I say they hate each other, I mean it they hate each other.

"What no, Rebecca isn't here and I'm guessing she would know if something happened to her."

"Why don't you just text her," Lucas says handing me his unlocked phone.

"Already tried that dumbass," I said taking his phone and searching for Jennie's name. "You sure you have Jennie's number, her name isn't popping up."

Lucas grabs his phone back and types a few things and hands it back to me. That's when I realise he put her name a Satan instead of Jennie.

"You searched up Jennie, that's why it didn't come up," Lucas says look pleased with himself.

I'm not surprised, honestly I should have known.