CHAPTER 53

Hello everyone - just some TW ⚠️
- Blood
- Murder
- Weapon
- Self Harm
Please read with caution, the self harm part especially.

"Conner

"Conner." I whisper breathing heavily.

He stood there leaning against the brick wall with a cigarette in between his lips. Inhaling and exhaling into a puff of smoke.

With the little light of a street lamp and moonlight I could see, he had a sharper face and bulkier body, his hair was still black but a bit longer. His face was stone cold not even a glimpse of emotion was shown.

He looked the same as he did 8 years ago, only difference being he doesn't look like a teenager.

He didn't bother looking at Mason he just kept inhaling and exhaling the cigarette.

I think I'm was gonna have a panic attack. I had so many questions running through my head.

If he's alive, is mum alive to. Why didn't he reach out, how is he still alive. The biggest being why was he with Mason?

I wanted to yell his name, but I didn't. Jennie and I just hid behind the wall till one of them acknowledged Mason.

"Mason, long time no see." The man next to Conner said. He had brown hair, a bit taller then Conner with tan skin and tattoos covering his left arm. Which you could clearly see through his black half sleeve shirt.

"Sir," Mason bowed lightly, showing respect.

"Got any updates for us today. Remember you're on thin ice Mason." The man spoke again.

"I'm sorry sir, I don't have any updates." Mason said looking at the floor.

The men hummed. "Interesting, after all this time you've nothing but a failure. How fucking hard is it to get close to that girl." The man spoke raising his tone a little at the end. Making Mason flinch, I didn't know who he was but he screamed authority.

"I'm sorry,"

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry is that all you can fucking say." The man says punching Mason in the face. Making Mason fall to the ground, holding his nose.

"Atlas, calm down." Conner spoke for the time, his voice was deeper then how I remember it.

The men who I found out is Atlas steps back. Conner drops the cigarette on the floor and steps on it, before walking to where Atlas was.

"Get up." Conner says, his voice was colder then I ever heard before.

Mason with out a second rushes up, stumbling a bit before finding his balance.

"Mason, after all this time you couldn't find anything on Rebecca." My breath hitched in my throat. "Even after all the freedom and time we gave you, you came out as a failure. I'm disappointed and you know what I do to disappointments don't you." Conner says his voice sounding calm.