Exams

It was very chaotic back the league's base, Tomura was hiding behind a table that had fallen over and Kurogiri was teleporting things that flew through the room back to their original place, the cause of this chaos? Toga.

"What do you mean you saw him!?" she screamed while throwing another glass at the table Tomura was hiding behind.

He had informed toga that he had met up with Izuku a few nights ago and that they had agreed that he would be spying at UA.

"Well, he insisted he'd spy! And it's useful for the League!" he yelled back without lifting his head above the table in fear that he'd be met with a face full glass or whatever Toga was holding now.

Toga threw the vase she was holding, "you just let him go! Now I won't be able to see him for another few months!" she stared crying while she kept on screaming. "What if he can't get away, what if I never see him again!" she fell to the floor and buried her face in her knees, crying she said quietly "I just want my Izuku back."

She kept on quietly sobbing, and nothing flew through the room anymore, so Tomura deemed it safe to come out of hiding.

He walked to the weeping girl, sat down next to her and put an arm around her shoulders. "Hey, it's okay, you're okay. You'll see him again soon. Breath with me, okay? In, out" she complied and started breathing with Tomura, in and out, in and out, the sound of her cries died out to just a silent sob every now and then. "I just mis him so much."

-Sabeltje-

Detective Naomasa sat behind his desk with a red cup filled with coffee in his hand. It was late and he was working extra hours on the Midoriya case, the boy had said something about being abuse at home and he was looking into that now.

What he found surprised him, he tried looking into Midoriya's youth, but he couldn't find a single thing after the boy had turned seven.

Before that he found records of visits to the doctor, of course the report that he was diagnosed quirkless, enrolments into activities like sports, and the death certificate of his mother. But after his mother had died, he saw nothing, no reports from school, he never visited the doctor, didn't do any sports, the middle school the boy went to, had no information on him other than what was absolutely mandatory.

He looked into the boy's father, the man was caught with drugs multiple times and seemed to have a drinking problem, what was odd was that the man didn't come looking for his son even once, when Izuku had disappeared he didn't report it and when he was found they tried contacting him but he didn't answer, nor did he come asking if he could take him back in again. They would have to bring him in for questioning.

-Sabeltje-

All the other exams had passed and now it was time for Izuku and Hitoshi to start theirs.

"So, midnight, what do you know about her quirk?" the purpled haired boy asked Midoriya who was walking a few steps ahead of him.

"I know what it can do overall, she can exude a pink gas from her body that put's you to sleep, so if you see that, don't inhale it."

"Gotcha, so are we gonna fight or escape?"

Izuku looked around, they were in rocky area, the escape was just further in front of them, and he guessed midnight would be there.

"Well, it would be quite inconvenient to fight without breathing so our best chance is in escaping, but I don't think she's going to let us do that. Midnight is probably camping the escape so it will come to fighting at one point in the exam." It was quiet for a moment.

"How long can you hold your breath?"

Midnight was sitting on a stone in front of the escape gate humming a tune, she saw something move in the corner of her eye. The pro hero activated her quirk and stood up to check it out.

Suddenly she was jumped by a flash of purple, she dodged and kicked the boy's feet. He slumped down and she took him with him to the rock she was sitting on before.

"Splitting up is never a good idea." She put Hitoshi on her lap and began to stroke his hair.

From behind a rock Izuku was watching the whole thing play out. Everything was going according to plan.

He stepped away from the rock he was hiding behind and took a sprint towards the heroine. And screamed a random attack name "Stupid name of an attack that will give away my position!"

Midnight stood up and attempted to lunge at Izuku, but something held her back. "Not so fast." Shinshou grabbed her ankle and she tripped, she fell face first into the rocky ground, she tried to get up, but Izuku kicked the side of her head and he knocked her out, he then proceeded to grab the capture tape they were provided with and tied Midnight's wrists together.

"Shinsou and Midoriya have passed." Was announced, indicating that the exam was over and that they could return to their class. Izuku walked away but was stopped by the other teen boy, "Shouldn't we take midnight with us, you kicked her quite hard, and she might have a slight concussion, as heroes we should take care of others." Izuku looked at him silently.

"I like you."

"What?" Shinsou just looked at him confused

"You'll be a good hero." He then turned around and proceeded his walk towards the exit.

"You'll be too, I guess." Shinsou yelled at him, trying to figure out how to carry midnight back.

"No I won't, but don't worry I'll be fine. Also, she's a pro hero she can handle a little kick to the head, some medic bots will soon come pick her up for sure, just leave her." He replied without looking back.

"Okay." Hitoshi said hesitantly, he didn't get why Midoriya wouldn't be a hero but that wasn't really his place to ask. The boy had gotten into some trouble but that's all he knew, he was still in the hero course, right? Why wouldn't he become a hero.

He looked at midnight one more time and decided that he'd best listen to what Izuku said, some medic bot would soon come to pick her up for sure.

He also walked to the exit and that was the conclusion of the exams.

1114 words
Hii, it's been a while, i'll try to update regularly again now, I hope you enjoyed!
Please let me know if you found a mistake or plot hole, or maybe something you want to see happening in the book, feel free to leave suggestions.
And damn over 8k reads that's a lot

Also check out this discord server https://discord.gg/p9aYr7Zs, its full of amazing authors and I can post some previews of my chapters there if anyone is interested. You can figure it out.

love y'all bye