𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘-𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑

𝐂𝐨𝐫𝐚𝐥 𝐆𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞𝐬, 𝐅𝐥𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐝𝐚
𝐊𝐚𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐞𝐲𝐚 𝐋𝐚𝐢𝐥𝐚 𝐓𝐡𝐨𝐦𝐚𝐬

I sat in the swing at my mothers house as I watched her and Kaneeya play in her garden

I sat in the swing at my mothers house as I watched her and Kaneeya play in her garden. I didn't feel like playing with them so I sat back and started watching them play. Kaneeya was trying to put the dirt in her mouth, as always.

"Stop Nene!" I said. "It's dirty."

"Let her taste it," Ma said waving her off with a laugh. "She needs to learn she doesn't like it."

I furrowed my eyebrows before looking over at Nene. She sat there making a sour face as she tried to wipe the dirt from off of her hand and onto the ground. I was glad she noticed it was nasty. Hopefully, she won't do it again.

"Um," I started off. "It can make her sick."

My mom just gave me a look and went back to planting her garden. I rolled my eyes and laid back before grabbing my phone off of my lap. I felt like I always had to tell her how to parent Kaneeya.

She's not my fucking daughter so why the fuck do I have to tell you that the dirt can make her sick? You should know this!

Like at this point, did you even raise me? I feel like if I wasn't as smart as I am, I would be eating dirt off the ground right now. I'm not even trying to be rude but she shouldn't be eating dirt and everytime she eats something she shouldn't I correct her.

If I'm "helping" you with her. Why tell me to let her taste dirt? That's just dumb. And now I'm mad.

I noticed Dejhari was calling me so I answered the call. I had one of my airpods in because I was listening to some soothing music Youngboy put out. "Why you sitting there all pouted up?"

I eyed my mother. She was sitting in her news next to Kaneeya plowing through the dirt. I guess she was planting some more seeds because she looked very focused but I noticed she had a slight frown on her face. The dirt must stink.

"Because, people are slow." I said simply.

He furrowed his eyebrows as he looked at the phone. "What's wrong with you?" He asked.

"My mom is irritating me so I'm ready to go." I said. "I'm about to leave. Hold on."

"Oh, so you're about to leave?" She said looking up at me as I started getting my stuff together to go. I knew she could hear everything that I was saying but oh well. That's how I was feeling at the moment and I'm not going to lie to anybody about why I'm mad.

"Getting my stuff together," I said. "As you can see."

"You're being very rude for no reason." She said. "Kaneeya is two years old. She's going to put stuff in her mouth. It's going to happen Kataleya but you yelling at her and telling her to stop isn't going to make her stop. She has to learn it isn't good for her."