𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘-𝐎𝐍𝐄

𝐎𝐌𝐍𝐈𝐒𝐂𝐄𝐍𝐓

Meena looked at her now ex boyfriend with a neutral face. She wanted to keep her emotions kept inside because she knew that he just wouldn't understand.

"I just came by to bring Jahleel back." He said watching as his son ran around the house pulling all of his toys back out the toy box.

"Ok." She said quietly before walking away back into the kitchen where she was preparing dinner for her friends and family. They would be coming over for a game night so she decided to make small dishes to help feed their liquor.

Meena wasn't sad about the breakup anymore. She knew that it probably was best for her and Mario to separate. She understood that she came on high strung at times and also did the most about things that weren't that serious but she didn't know what she could do to change that.

"I wanna talk to you about a schedule between us. That way I can still be in his life even though I ain't staying here with y'all no more." He expressed following her into the kitchen.

"Ok." She said looking at him. She was trying the listening factor of things but it was kind of hard considering there were things she felt like he needed to know. "We will be out of town next weekend. We're taking the kids to Walt Disney."

He looked at her confused. "Since when?"
He didn't remember ever talking with her about taking Jahleel anywhere. He thought she would have to discuss that with him first.

"Since this morning. I was going to tell you when you called me. Remember, I'm blocked." She said before chuckling bitterly. She didn't understand why he had to go as far as blocking her number.

He chuckled. "You can't decide he going without talking to me first though, right?" He said with his eyebrow raised. "Stop playing with me."

"Can we not argue?" She said. "I don't feel like it. If you don't want him to go then I'll call Mama and DeMaya and tell them he can't go."

He huffed before looking at her in aggravation. "I'm not saying I don't want him to go. What I'm saying is we need to discuss shit first before you make a decision for my son."

"Our son." She corrected. "But you're right. We both need to communicate with each other for the sake of our son regardless of whatever is going on with us."

He nodded. "Exactly. You ain't as dumb as I thought."

She smacked her lips. "Boy, you can't even read but I digress." She clapped back. She checked the oven before closing it. The food was taking too long to be done and she hated that. She wasn't a very patient person.

She opened the pot of greens stirred it a little bit before closing them again. Mario watched her as she moved around the kitchen. He couldn't stop staring at the sudden glow in her face. She looked so pretty to him even though she wasn't dressed up.

She woke a pajama set with her bonnet. She had shorts on that displayed her right leg sleeve. Regardless, he thought she liked nice.

"What you making?" He asked breaking the silence between the two. He watched as she grabbed a stick of butter and threw them into the pan of candy yams. She grabbed the cinnamon and sprinkled it on top.

"I'm making Sunday Dinner. Everybody coming over" She said before smiling at him hard. She was excited about making Sunday dinner because she would be having everybody over for Dinner. She never hosted Sunday Dinner so she was anxious as to how it would go.