𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍

𝐎𝐌𝐍𝐈𝐒𝐂𝐄𝐍𝐓

Kataleya grabbed her bag from the table as she quickly scattered around the dining room, living room, and kitchen. She was in panic because she was late for a meeting with a potential job.

"We've done it all. And that's why it's sad that you don't know me.." She sung along as she picked up things she noticed she would need throughout the day.

Kaneeya sat on the floor watching her sister with her fingers in her mouth in awe. Her large eyes were gaped open as she followed her sisters every move throughout the house.

"Ma!" Kaneeya squealed out before cheesing.

"I am not your mom." She said with a frown before holding her hand up. "Do your mom look as good as me? I think not."

Treasure busted out into laughter as she ran down the steps. She swept Kaneeya up into her arms and rested her on her side as she laughed with her. "Girl, I know you did not just say that."

"What?" Kataleya asked confused. "She don't."

"You do know y'all got the same mama." She said with a smirk. Kataleya shrugged and grabbed the dirty plate off of the dining room table. She needed to hurry and clean up her mess from breakfast before she left.

"My mom bad but I'm that girl." She said.

"MATERIAL GWORLLLLL!" Treasure yelled before kissing Kaneeya's cheek causing her to let out a loud squealing laughter. "Girl.."

"Her laugh is heinous." Kat said shaking her head, Treasure chuckled. She sat down at the dining room table. As she adjusted Kaneeya on her lap, she grabbed her phone.

"Right," She said. "Get those SAT words in for the interview and shit."

Treasure still stayed with Kat's family whenever she came home from school. The reality of her situation did hit her at times and although she is doing well in school, her home life was her biggest downfall.

Regardless of how anyone put it, Treasure was homeless without the room at Kataleya's house. She literally had nowhere to go and that haunted her tremendously. She felt like everything she did had to count towards her moving on her own.

She just wanted to be able to say she was okay.

"I have to go," Kat said grabbing her coffee off of the dining room table. "I'm running late."

Kat swung the front door open and started making her way out the door. "Excuse me," she heard causing her to turn around.

There stood a woman with a large bouquet of pink and white roses. She held a note in her hand as Kat stood there shocked by the flowers. She had never seen such a large bouquet before. "Are you Kataleya Lewis?" She questioned.

The name raised suspense as she watched the woman struggle holding the roses up in her arm. "Yes, that's me." She said fixing her bag on her shoulder.

"These are for you." She said handing her the roses. Kataleya grabbed them and eyed them suspiciously. The woman walked away leaving Kat there to stare at her present. She really loved the way they smelled and how they were perfectly put together.