Chapter 5

Everything hurt.

Sophie woke up with a groan that could shake Lumenirea.
She opened her eyes to a dimly lit bedroom but immediately squinted them back closed and hissed from the pain that spread around her various wounds. she was laying on one of the cots in that room with a grey blanket over her. She could feel the thick bandages over her wounds. one on her leg and the other wrapped around her middle, just like Elwin had done. She groaned again when her memories came flooding back with tsunami forces. she had bandages around her wrists from where Gethen sprained them as well, but it wasn't the pain that that startled her.

Okay maybe the pain was most of it but the other half was utter shock on what had happened.

Was Grady okay?
Did her friends get hurt?
Where even was she?
Would Keefe be okay?

"AH! Sleeping Beauty awakes." Said a cold voice she really did not wan't to hear right now. Sophie just layed back and squeezed her eyes shut as Gethen plopped down beside her cot. right then and there she wanted to slap him silly. She was mad. Like really mad. He had hurt her, he hurt her friends, and for what? Information!? If it weren't for the fact that she felt like she was being sat on by a T. Rex she would have punched him square in the jaw. "What do you want." she spat.

"Isn't it obvious?" He retorted with a scoff.

"No not really." She snapped back.

"Well then let me elaborate. we want to finally know the information you have in that powerful mind of yours. you have finally  proven yourself useful. Congratulations! now heres the deal, you took a pretty hard beating back there---"

"Cause of you Idiot!" Sophie interupted. She was not in the mood to play nice.

"Yeah yeah, but you survived right?" He retorted.

"Barely."

"Point is you need time to recover. And so do your friends and family, so if you want to keep them safe while they recover you'll answer our questions and cooperate or i swear we will put them through the same torture over and over till their to tired to fight anymore. Got it? cause i could keep going into detail of exactly what could happen to them." just as he said that he pulled out his sword and twirled it around.

He smirked when she shrank away from it.

"Get some rest. Bright and early tomorrow is your first interrogation and you might be seeing more of this bad boy." He said finally sheathing it and he walked out.

Sophie couldn't hold it in anymore, So, she cried and cried. The fear and panic and sadness and hopelessness and anger all poured out of her. She shook with sobs that she had been holding in, she tried to stay strong, but she just couldn't anymore. she was breaking down bit by bit and she knew that soon their might not be much left of her to salvage. Little pieces of her were already crushed under the pressure, under the despair, the responsibility. She was nothing. She was an awful friend that had almost got all her friends and family killed. How bad was that? It was almost comical how unlucky she was. It sent a shiver of laughter in between her sobs. She was so hopelessly trapped there was no way out. Not without help. She needed help. She needed to talk to someone. But she shouldn't put somebody else in danger... She couldn't... But she needed to. She needed to save herself or she wouldn't be able to save anyone else who needs it.

Keefe? She called Keefe where are you... She transmitted sadly Keefe I need you right now... 

FOSTER! Foster stay with me! He replied frantically, His panic lacing through his thoughts

Keefe?

Yeah I'm here! Its ok, Its gonna be all okay... whats wrong?

Everything Keefe, everything... and Sophie told him every heart breaking detail. She told him what happened in the battle, what happened with her, what Gethen and his mom said, and she even told him about the numbness that was taking its place in her, the aching feeling that had finally made itself present.

Wow! way to have all the fun without me. He retorted snarkily.

haha, Very funny mister...
Keefe...
I feel like I'm breaking bit by bit. What if I am not good enough to be the Moonlark? What if I'm The worst friend, the worst Daughter there is? Keefe what if--

I'm going to stop you right there because... THAT'S straight up BONKERS! You think your not good enough? Sophie you are the bravest, smartest, kindest, most mysterious, most powerful elf I've ever meet in my entire life! And thats saying something! SO WAKE UP AND SMELL THE SPARKLY POOP! Your also the best friend I've ever had okay? Don't give up!

but---

NO! you listen to me! you aren't going to break because you are such a strong person! sure your aloud to freak out on a wide range of levels.(Understatement) but no shattering for you!

okay...

you know what, I've got a good idea! He though mischievously

Oh no...

Shush! what if we made these mental convos a safe spot for you to freak out? He suggested

That... actually sounds really nice. She said. she felt so... relived... Relived that he understood... relived that she had somewhere safe to go at the end of the day...

SEE! I knew you would love it, cause I'm always smart like that. He said proudly

Yeah, Riiiiiiiight.

See, its working! your already back to your snarky self Lovely Lady F.

Thanks Keefe, this helps. But what will I do tomorrow?

You'll be your normal, Mysterious, and Snarky self. Like always!

If you say so.

Oh I KNOW so Mysterious Miss F.!

Ok, goodnight Keefe. She said finally

Love ya Foster! He said, both sincerely and mockingly

Just before she broke the connection she said, I love you to. And for the First time in a long time Sophie actually slept. despite everything that had happened... despite all her sadness... she slept, dreaming of better times...

TA-DA!!! SOKEEFE IS ON A ROLL! Hope you Enjoyed :) 

Edit:(Word Count: 1020)