Chapter 18

Sophie woke up in the healing center. How did she get there? What even happened? Then it all came flooding back to her. "ELWINNNNNNNNNNN!!!" She was so mad she had to stop herself form inflicting. " Elwin sprinted out of his office. Sophie punched him square in the jaw, "That's for sedating me." She declared.

"I suppose I deserve that." He said rubbing his chin.

"You 'Suppose'! I didn't even get any questions answers before you knocked me out again! I am absolutely TERRIFIED and nobody bothered to answer my questions!"

"Sophie its ok your safe, you don't have to be scared. As for the questions thing... I had to put you back asleep for us to make any progress in healing you."

"I DON'T CARE! YOU. DO. NOT. GET. TO. LEAVE. ME. IN. THE. DARK. LIKE. THAT!!"

"Look I know your mad but it was necessary. will you pleas let me give you a check up and then you can get as many visitors as you want?" He gave her a pouty face she couldn't help but give in to. "Fine. But I'm still mad at you!"

"I know. Hate me if you want but your health comes before everything to me."

"Why?" His expression softened and he left without saying another word. Was he hiding something from her? He came back with an elixir tray (Like old times) and sat it in front of her. "Drink up!" he said. That was when Sophie saw the tear stains on his face and the dark circles under his eyes. "Are you ok?"

"Oh," he said wiping his cheeks, "Its nothing."

"It looks like something to me."

"Fine, its just... been hard seeing you like that. Lets just say the Neverseen are officially on my hit list."

"That bad huh?"

"You don't want to know. I'm sure you had it worse anyway." Flashbacks clouded her mind filling her with the horrors that were her nightmares. She doubled over with a sudden headache. she relived all her trauma... everything that had happened flashed in front of her, paralyzing her with fear and lingering pain.

"You better cooperate Sophie."

"Whats in that powerful mind of yours?"

"What if I'm not good enough to be the Moonlark?"

"The precious Moonlark has been Caged."

"Alvar survived"

"Choices!"

"Revenge!"

"Little puppet!"

Faces flashed before her. Alvar smirking at her, Gethen viciously grinning, Vespera asking questions, Gisela hurting her friends and family. "Sophie Its ok! Just calm down." A soft Breeze swept through her mind easing her pain and chasing away the flashbacks. She opened her eyes and immediately groaned from the light. She blinked the world back into focus and found Elwin flashing every color of the spectrum around her. Keefe was holding her hand. Alden and Forkle were staring at her with seriously pained expressions on their faces. "What happened?" She asked.

"Oh you know, you passed out after Elwin triggered your flashbacks and called the Lord Of Awesome over along with Alden and Forklenator. Average day in the life of Sophie Foster if you ask me." Keefe answered.

"Oh. Ummmm, So... you saw?" Sophie asked staring back at Forkle and Alden. Alden Punched a wall. "Yes Miss Foster, we saw. Everything." Oh. Well that's not good. Oops. "Sorry." She apologized. "Your kidding right? Foster you WILL NOT apologies for what they did!" Keefe exclaimed.

"Mr. Scencen is correct--"

"Woah! Do not call me Mr. Scencen. Haven't we already gone over that?"

"Nevermind. The point is," Mr. Forkle continued, Wiping away his tears, "Is that your safe now Sophie."