Chapter 46

5K reads everyone omg!!! Your all so awesome And I am so glad you like this story! On with the chapter!

"Your friends... Whoever they may be... Are telling you they will get you out of your situation..."
The voice echoed in Sophie's head.
Who was it? Were they good? They must have talked to her friends... that sounded like something they would say.

Her friends...

Sophie needed them. She needed them fast. But they cant help her right now... She had to get out of this herself.

Alvar jerked her out over her thoughts with a rough lurch, sending her stomach around and around, not helping her lingering head ache at all. they waited for a response from her friends, although she wished they wouldn't.

She had begged them to take her back... She wanted her dad, and Brenne. She wanted people she could trust. But Alvar had just continued to drag her down and down...

|Flashback|

"Please! Please dont take me away from them!" Sophie screamed. Alvar returned her plea with a punch. She cried out as she was forced to follow him. "SHUT! UP!" Alvar shouted at her and made a sharp turn down an unfamiliar tunnel.

"ALVAR!" An all to familiar voice yelled from a room close by. Gethen. And he was mad... really, really mad.

Finally Alvar threw her through a doorway into a gray room. It was plan and smooth, the walls curled around her ominously. As she stumbled into the room a door shut behind her.

Trapped.

"Finally! The Moonlark has arrived." Gethen's voice said from the other end of the room. He stalked toward her, sword displayed at his side. And he wasn't the only one in there. Fintan grinned from another side of the room, slowly making his way towards her.

"W-what do you want?" She stammered at them, backing a step away. Gethen chuckled and Fintan's grin widened. "We're here for practice... and a plan." Gethen said darkly.

Uh oh.

Sophie's eyes widened and she started backing away again, faster this time. what were they going to do? "W-what--"

"I think we'd better just get started dont you?" Gethen interrupted. Just when she was about to turn and run she froze. Her muscles cramped and tensed as the fog in her mind slowly spun into new puppet strings. She strained, tried to stop the commands... she tried to stop it. But it quickly returned her with a shock to her head. The lightning spread to her neck and down her spine. What was happening? This has never happened before. What was happening?

Gethen laughed at her struggle, "Oh I doubt you'll be getting anywhere with that now will you Sophie? You see, I've been practicing harder. Training to harness one very very powerful mind. Your mind. It wasn't just me I had to make stronger though... I had to make you weaker. days and days of eroding and look what we have here!"

Oh no...
All that time she had felt hopeless...
All the times she thought she was safe...
All the times her echo thrashed around inside of her...
It was all a play...
A trick!
They planed for her to let her guard down with every emotional and physical blow to the point where the circlet had made its way right into her consciousness. Is this how Grady felt all the time? Absolutely no resistance? She had always had some... At least she thought she did. She pushed at the fog again but it pounced back with a stronger blow. heat buzzed behind her eyes. A warning...