Chapter 42

~Keefe's POV~

As soon as they glittered back into view Keefe collapsed. The world tilted under him.

His mom... the entire organization who wanted them all dead... had their leader... the person he loved most.

He was angry, worried, anxious, terrified, determined. His whole emotional center was a spiraling hurricane. What really didn't help was all the added Emotions. Every body else who loved and cared about Sophie and Grady were emotional bombs all exploding inside his head... and this time he couldent block it out. He was to scared, to angry, he felt to venerable. He couldent stop them from pounding on him. It felt like his emotional storm just quadrupled. What was going to happen to her? And he just... left her. Guilt. He couldent let the guilt get to him... to anyone.

He had to stay angry. Who did this? Gethen, Gisela, Alvar, Ruy, Fintan, The rest of the Neverseen. They did this.

He couldent shake off Sophie's feelings. She had been so hopeful and determined when they first appeared... but then it all crashed back into her. A fear like no other... a raw terror sliced through her. He managed to block most of it but he could tell that that was one heck of a headache. She was terrified. And she was hurt... He saw that new scar... both of them. He remembered the horror him and his friend's felt when they saw what they had done to her and Grady. It was almost to much when Fitz's anger cut through it like a sword. This was his life now. Always running, always interpreting what his friends felt. And he wasn't even the leader. That was all Foss Bosses job! How did she handle that!? She must have been cracking under that stress for so long and it was only after he got his new abilities that he was able to see the full picture.

And then she decided to be the hero. Typical.
She was so idiotically brave sometimes. He could feel it. Even through her blankest of terror he felt a shred of Bravery that sprouted into a beanstalk of determination.

Stupid, dumb, crazy, lunatic, beautiful, kind, smart... Wait!
This was supposed to be his little rant about how dumb she could be!

Snap out of it Keefe! But he couldent... He loved her. He loved her so much it almost hurt... and what made it even better was the fact that she loved him back. He felt that to. It made him want to hug her so hard, squeeze all the pain and regret and guilt out of her till there was only happiness and their love left. So she could finally relax. But he knew that was impossible. at least for now it was.

Because she decided to the the freaking hero!! That idiot!

His friends spike of sadness and hopelessness snapped him out of his thoughts. Was he still on the floor?

He had to say something.
He had to calm down.
He had to calm down.

He was doing just a wonderful job at that wasn't he?

He sensed somebody near him. Who was it? Voices came in and out,

"Keefe can you hear me?"

"Somebody get Elwin!"

"Stay with us! Try to calm down."

They sounded so far away, but he could feel them. Worry. Worry started blasting at him again, then fear, then all the other emotions came back. His head pounded with all the emotions. He groaned. How could he save Sophie if he couldent regain his own composure? He had to save her. He had to save Grady.

"Keefe please! Deep breaths, try to relax." Somebody said. Was it Elwin, Dex, Fitz. He couldn't tell. He sucked in deep breaths. He had to try to calm down. He thought of the one person who always helped him... always stuck by his side... Sophie. Her deep brown eyes and her nervous voice. She was always able to help him calm down, even if her emotions were the strongest he ever felt. Maybe that had even helped. His heart started to slow and his breaths became calmer.