Chapter 51

Sophie's POV:

Sophie couldent quite describe what happened after Elysian blasted them. It was beautiful... like she could suddenly see for the first time. she saw little threads of light surround each of her friends. they curled around each one of them reaching around them as if enveloping them in a bright hug. she felt herself lock hands with the people next to her... saw them all chain together, linked by their hands.

the world seemed to change color as if Sophie was seeing through red tinted glasses then orange, green, blue, yellow, and so on. she barely noticed the other changes in her like how her mind felt like it was made of titanium, or how her hands tingled. She felt healed of any of her earlier injuries and like she could run five marathons. But what really warmed her heart was the feeling that came after all that.

The feeling of connection between her and her friends. She felt Fitz's soft voice first, then Tams cool whisper, Dex's calculating gaze, Biana's strength, Linh's flowing thoughts, And Keefe's mischievous confidence.

It was almost indescribable. like they were bonded on a whole other level with each other.

She barely had to think before her mind opened to talk with everyone

whats happening? she asked

Not to sure but can I just say I'm getting board? Keefe's voice rang

Wait

Keefe wasn't a telepath? Before Sophie could voice her concern she suddenly felt something very hard connect with her back. "ow!" she yelped, finally opening her eyes and seeing a sea of silver. she spat out the shiny grass that had somehow made its way into her mouth and sat up, rubbing her now bruised tailbone. "Okay roll-call!" she yelled as she started getting up. "Keefe!"

"Awwe! she called me first!" His voice said from next to her. She rolled her eyes, "Fitz?"

"Here!" He shouted, sprawled on the ground next to Keefe. "Tam?"

"Aggh..." he groaned in response about five feet away from her laying flat on his face. Linh giggled at him after she sat up.

"Okay there's Linh. Biana?" Sophie asked dusting herself off and wincing when her head pounded angerly. "Yeah." Biana mumbled, dusting herself off as well.

"Dex?" she called. no answer. Sophie started looking around frantically for him but then found him two seconds later curled in a ball a few feet away from her. He looked almost hurt. "Dex are you okay?" Sophie asked carefully. Dex groaned but looked up, "yea-h. should be-e fine." He stuttered. Sophie helped him up and scanned her surroundings. they were still on Elysian but all the Neverseen members had been herded into one force field with Grady and Maruca guarding it. Ro was screaming indignantly from a fire prison that Marella conjured up. Wylie stood with Stina (who had woken up but was still on the ground) and Rayni. the other bodyguards had made some not so subtle steps toward the rest of the group and all the parents stood slack jawed at the scene. the councilors and the collective started moving toward them as well but Sophie saw Kenric step in front of them. "Give them a minute." He said. that stopped every one of them in their tracks (Bodyguards included).

"Woah!!" Keefe said, startling Sophie's attention back to the group. "What? is everything Okay??" she asked. she felt fear creep through her suddenly. what if he wasn't any better? what if he was in more pain? did it get worse?

He just laughed, "Stop worrying, i'm fine. better than fine actually..." He said spacing out with a huge grin on his face.

"So it worked?" Fitz asked. Keefe just nodded slowly, a faraway look in his eyes.