Chapter 31

"We. Need. To. Talk." Mr. Forkle said very slowly. Uh oh. "Do you want my team to stay or--"

"No we need to talk alone."

"Ok." Sophie said. "How about you guys get the triplets and you can play base quest around the pastures?" Everyone nodded and Keefe gave her a look that seemed to say, Good Luck! She smiled at him but before she could get back to the Forkle situation Fitz Signaled her to open her mind.

we need to talk later.

why?

We just need to okay?

Fine just let me handle this and try not to get killed in the process.

You definitely have a predicament huh? In trouble?

Probably. She said before shutting him out again and he walked away. "It seems we have a lot to talk about Miss Foster." Mr. Forkle said skeptically.

"Your Friends informed us off the progress you maid last night." Emery said. he gave her a pointed look. "Is there anything else we need to know about?"

"Not that I know of." She said sweetly. she maid sure to lace just enough confusion into her words. "Miss Foster we need to know how you think you may be able to track the Neverseen" Mr. Forkle said blatantly.

"Well its more of a theory but I'm going to try and track Grady's thoughts. Its going to be a lot of strain sense I'm not sure were to look but I might be able to stretch my consciousness enough to find him." This was not a lie. Sophie was planing on searching for Grady's thoughts but she also did kind of know where to look thanks to Nightshade. "Miss Foster Please open your mind." Mr Forkle said. Sophie put as much innocence into her words as she could, "I'm not hiding anything.". That was definitely a lie. She had to hide her secrets quick. "But, I'll let you take a quick look okay?"

Mr. Forkle nodded.

Okay now she really needed to hurry with that hiding spot. Sophie closed her eyes. Where should she hide it? She had to find a place to keep those secrets hidden without seeming suspicious and she had to hurry... what if she found a new place to bury her secrets at? She organized her most recent secrets (Like the forgotten secrets) and what she wanted to keep hidden (Like Nightshade, the comb, the stars, and the truces) And dragged them along with her, tying them together like some sort of memory garland. She went as deep as she could into her mind and found a few new barriers. some were warm and welcoming while others were prickly and uncomfortable. they were like the back wall or basement of her brain. she carefully opened one of the deeper and colder ones and was met with something that could only be described as a mental blizzard. she tied her memory garland to that place and led a secret line all the way back to her mental nook. if she found that special line she could easily bring herself back to her hiding spot but she maid sure she knotted it up with other threads so it was harder to find. she turned on her little mental vacuum to let Mr. Forkle in and opened her eyes. Hopefully that didn't take to long. "Okay your good to go." She said. It didn't seem like much changed so she couldn't have taken to long.  she quickly waved away those thoughts as Mr. Forkle closed his eyes. Sophie counted to 456 before Mr. Forkle stepped back. "Thankyou Miss Foster." He said with a trusting smile. Guess it worked. "Only one more serious matter to discuss." Oh no... Sophie forgot to hide the plan for the caches. "Councilor Emery Gave me a certain detail earlier which you just confirmed." He said frowning. "I'm sorry miss Foster but we can not let you open the forgotten secrets."

"Why not!?" Sophie shouted.

"We cant have you risk your sanity Miss Foster! Your far to valuble to-- to everyone!" Was he about to say to me?