Chapter 19

when Sophie woke up the next day she found breakfast waiting for her on a tray in front of her. "Surprise!" Edaline said from her closet which looked like it threw up. "I didn't know what colors to get so i just got them all! I wanted your first morning back to be special!" the scene almost had Sophie in tears. It was so good to see such a normal scene... even if she knew it wasn't going to last. Sophie ate breakfast while talking to her mom. She would have stayed like that forever, watching her mom pull out different clothing items and showing them off in the silliest ways. it was the first time Sophie had laughed since she was kidnapped. "SOPHIE! EDALINE! WE NEED YOU DOWN HERE RIGHT NOW!" Grady announced.

"Ok were coming!" Edaline replied.

Sophie got up to get ready to change. She was still really stiff but she didn't care she just wanted to walk around her room like a normal elf again. that's when she noticed... the scars. She was in a sleeveless nightgown and when she walked to her bathroom for a shower she looked in the mirror. she had long cuts curving along her arms which she didn't remember getting. there were two small scars above her cheek. she had one long one going across her collar bone and she knew she had two more about the same length on her abdomen and lower chest. she also had a more curricular one way to close to her heart for comfort. She almost cried right then and there but she remembered she was still standing, still here! and she was stronger than ever! "I know its hard to see honey." Edaline said brushing a tear from Sophie's cheek. "But these just show people how strong you are."

"I know its just... I don't know... ughhh how did Biana get through this!"

"Because shes a fighter. Your a fighter to. a stronger fighter than anybody knows, its why your still here." She said, kissing Sophie on the cheek. "Now get your shower and try on some of the knew clothes I got you! Flori already sewed pockets into them all so their ready to go."

"Thanks! I love you mom!"

"Love you two!"

and with that she stepped into the shower.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Its okay to stare." Sophie told her friends. she decided to wear an of shoulder bright red shirt that exposed the worst of the scars which were on her chest. she complemented the outfit with dark navy leggings, and soft dark brown knee high boots that matched her leather gloves. she also wore her hair in a half up braided bun. Finally she had a simple navy cape clasped with the moonlight regent pin for team valiant.

(Sophie's outfit)

Sophie's shirt

Sophie's Leggings

Sophie's Leggings

Sophie's Boots

Sophie's Gloves

Sophie's Gloves

Sophie's Hair

The boys were definitely staring now

The boys were definitely staring now. Biana gave her a sympathetic look. "Wow Foster... Did it hurt when you fell?"

"What? when did I--"

"Well you must have fallen from heaven because you look like an angel!" Keefe finished. Sophie gave him her most dramatic eye roll. "How about we get on topic. When is the tribunile?" Sophie asked. "Were not sure." Fitz started, still staring intently at her, eyes full of concern. "They said they'd acknowledge that matter when you recovered."

"Okayyy then. So... what do we do till then?"

"I... Don't know" Said Dex looking very puzzled. "Its like you've forgotten how to be teenagers," said Edaline coming in with a full plate of mallowmelt. "How about you do something fun? Mr. Forkle said they had everything under control for now so you could all just relax till the tribunile."

"I guess we'll figure something out." Sophie said. Her freinds gave her concerned looks. "You know, I love how you act like everything is fine when clearly everything is not fine." Tam said from his spot on the couch. "Thats cause everything is fine."

"Suuuuureeeeee Foster. I haft to say, and I cant believe I'm saying this, but I agree with bangsboy." He grumbled the last part. "WOWWWWWW HUNKYHAIR!" Ro said from her corner. "Wana say that a little louder?" she said raising her hand to her ear.

"WHAT IS THAT BOY DOING HERE!" a familiarly squeaky voice said from the doorway. "Sandor!" Sophie shouted as she raced to embrace her goblin bodyguard. "Its good to see you miss Foster." She hugged him with all her strength trying to show him she was stronger than ever. "So back to my earlier question... WHAT IS THAT BOY DOING HERE!"

"I have the bat at the ready Sandor don't worry." Grady said entering the room in a maroon velvet jerkin and long navy cape. He shot the boys a warning look and grabbed two slices of mallowmelt. All the girls laughed when the boys blushed. "Are you going out?" Sophie asked him.

"Yes I am."

"Where to?"

"Classified area. Assignment from the councilors. I'm supposed to help with the interrogations." He said.

"Oh." Sophie squeaked out.

"I'll be fine ok? I promise. I'll be back late."

"Ok." Sophie said leting go of Sandor and giving him a big squeeze. "I love you." She said and gave him a quick kiss on the cheek before he left.

"Love you to. Oh and Sandor? The bat is in my room." Grady finished before walking out the door. Sophie and the rest of the girls there laughed as the boys visibly paled. "So, sleepover?" Linh asked.

"YESSSSSSS!" Biana cried and with that they all went up to Sophie's room.

Hope you enjoyed!