Chapter 38

Sophie head throbbed behind her eyes. Her ears rang and her scull felt like it was splitting. Then something happened. It felt like somebody bound her wrists and pulled them behind her. Like she was being held back. and all to familiar fog clouded around her consciousness. although it wasn't as thick as the Ability Restrictor, it was still there, holding her back. But It was still different. Like somebody was waiting to give her a command. and somebody was... Gethen.

Sophie wasn't even sure if it would cut through her blocking but as far as she knew, it targeted the part of her brain that controlled movement and action rather than thought. Questions swirled around her head.

Would he be able to take down her blocking?

Would he be able to expose her secrets?

Would he be able to turn her enhancing on and off?

What about her inflicting?

He would probably be able to control her inflicting as long as he played with the right emotions. enhancing was also probably able to be controlled as long as he found the right nerve. or he could just command her to do it herself...

She was in deep trouble...

her head pounded and ached. she could hardly tell what was going on anymore...

had she fallen asleep?

how long has it been?

was Grady okay?

Her headache lingered for what felt like hours until she finally stirred. She groaned and started to move. she wiggled her fingers and toes. she felt almost numb, like every limb went to sleep. a tingly feeling flooded her nerves and overloaded her senses. Her eyes fluttered open and she could see she was in a gray room. A simple nightstand sat next to her cot and fresh cloths were layed out on a small shelf in front of her cot. a cloak with the white eye that haunted her nightmares was folded neatly next to it with a note. Sophie started to sit up but a wave of dizziness pushed her back down. her hand shot up to her head and stop the spinning but they met a cool band that wrapped around her forehead. it was simple with a small dip in the center that angled down and pointed to her nose.

She groaned again.

they did it...

she had to try to stop this. she succeeded in siting up and she tested her arms, stretching them and her shoulders. she slowly stood and grabbed the clothes they had set out for her. as much as she hated this...
hated wearing the cloths...
Hated wearing the cloak...

She had no choice. 

at least they were ok looking. The top was layered chiffon, with long sleeves and a black ribbon waist band. Her pants were simple black but had a leathery feel too them and were flexible like leggings. Her boots were black leather and went halfway up her calf and each had one silver buckle around her ankle. then... she ripped the cloak. she couldent do it... she couldent wear it. instead she ripped the bottom half of it of (Channeling some strength in her muscles) and tore off the Neverseen symbol off the shoulder. it now went roughly above her waist, had the hood in tacked along with the clasp, and was slightly off shoulder. she swung it over her shoulders, feeling proud of herself, and found a mirror next to her nightstand.

she didn't look to bad, she felt rebellious actually.

It felt good to rip something symbolic to the Neverseen and make it something entirely different.

She saw the mess of hair that was knotted on her head. oh no. how was she going to fix that! she looked back over to where the note was. it was her stuff. her favorite daggers, and her comb. She scrambled to grab them. she slipped her daggers into two sheaths she found in the hips of her pants. She garbed the comb... they didn't know it was Important! They didn't know it was useful... Sophie was going to keep it that way. She gathered half of her hair from the top and wrapped it into a quick messy bun that sat at the back of her head. she fastened it with the comb and made sure the bottom half of her hair wasn't to tangled. she combed her fingers through it and it fell back over her shoulders.