Chapter 37

And now...

For the moment we have all been waiting for...

The man who deserves way more page time...

Our cinnamon roll...

Drum roll please...

~Dexy's POV~

Dex heard noises coming from Sophie's room... What was she doing? He heard Sandor walk down the stairs... Why would he abandon his post?
Questions spun through Dex's head. "Sandor is Sophie alright?"

"Yes. she told me she needed to be alone."

Okay something was up...

"Did you see her? What was she doing? Why did she want to be alone?"

"I uh... Didn't ask. Her door was locked. I trust her so i doubt shes doing anything i would disapprove of. and shes had a very trying few days... I figured she was just catching a break." Sandor said bluntly.

Dex was glad he respected Sophie. But Dex knew something was up... He could just tell. He was Sophie's best friend after all. He knew how she was... And this wasn't her. The possibility of somebody making it through Havenfields security were slim, but nothing was ever impossible. He knew about that first hand. Sandor walked off. Lovies's was down stairs talking with the rest of the adults and the triplets were playing with the Alicorns.

CRASH! SQUEAK!

Dex sprinted up the stairs. That definitely sounded wrong and also Iggy sounded hurt. Sophie would never hurt Iggy. Never. "SOPHIE?" Dex shouted from the stairs. No answer. "SOPHIE! ARE YOU OK?" He asked, again, shouting from the stairs. He heard soft rustling and a few squeaks that sounded a lot like Iggy. Oh no...

He sprinted up the stairs and tested the door. Locked. Just like Sandor said. "Ugh!" He grunted in frustration. He needed something sharp. He garbed his family crest pin and pined the sharp needle into the first opening he found. He close his eyes and concentrated. He willed the pins needle to jostle the gears in the door. waking them up. Something was wrong. the gears were severed. he concentrated harder and willed them to move anyway, moving in the way they were meant to. After  one minute he heard a click and he turned the handle and slid his pin back on. What he saw chilled him to the bone.

Footprints on the flower carpet...

scattered pages and papers...

Half a door knob on the floor...

drops of blood...

Iggy staggering away from the far wall...

How did this happen!? "SANDOR GET UP HERE RIGHT NOW! HURRY!!" Dex screamed as he scanned Sophie's room for any other clues. The pieces formed together in his head. Sophie must have been locked in by something. she fought back but was overpowered. Iggy tried to help. But who could get into Havenfield? unless...

Sandor burst into the room, interrupting Dex's train of thought. "What happened!" He barked and started stalking around the room.

That was when Dex saw it.
A half open window. "Sandor what do you smell?" He asked.

Sandor sniffed the air and gasped, "Ash." He said. This confirmed what Dex had though... but he wished it didn't. Dex cursed and pulled out his imparter. He stalked out of the room and held it up to him.