Chapter 43

Oh here we go guys... Btw thank you so much for 4K reads!!! I have a goal of getting to 10K in the next month or two! I'm sorry for not updating in so long, I've had also of school projects going on and couldent get to this chapter till now but I'm really exited about this chapter because of the plot twi--

...

Nvm you'll just have to read to find out. ;D

Sophie was dead.

Well not yet, but she was pretty sure she was going to be soon.

As soon as they leaped back to the hideout Gethen punched her, hard, in the mouth. She was jerked back to consciousness from the crack that rang through her jaw. She stumbled and slammed the wall, already drained from the fight. She cried out in pain as her ribs jostled and her still bleeding shoulder hit the wall. Blood coated her arm as she crumpled to the ground. She griped her shoulder with one hand and watched warily as Gethen moved closer to her.

"STOP! STOP IT! Please dont  hurt her!" Grady shouted desperately. He stumbled around, scrambling to get to her. Alvar punched him and Grady stepped back and adjusted his jaw. A sickening pop had sounded when he finished. Alvar stalked over to Sophie menacingly with a dagger ready. He slashed her hand that was sporting her wounded shoulder.

With a gasp of pain she released it and he roughly grabbed her wrist. She screamed in pain. Everything was on fire. It felt like she was being crushed and ripped apart at the same time. Her flesh tore as Alvar hauled her up and her ribs jostled again, making her double over in pain. Her breath caught through the tears as she remembered the heartbroken faces of her friends. Fintan was the first up followed by Gisela and then Ruy.

"Well that worked really well didn't it!?" Fintan said. he shot Grady a murderous glare. Grady flinched and looked away, not daring to move from his position. 

"And yet I think it was a success." Gisela said, massaging her head. "I think we have finally showed Sophie's little friends our threats aren't empty. Why dont you say we show her the same?" Gisela asked with a devious grin.
Fintan, Gethen, and Alvar nodded but Ruy stepped away. "Sorry. I would love to participate but I have a feeling we should set up some... new... rooms for them..." He said with a smirk.

Gisela smiled, "Alright. Get them ready." She said.

Ruy raced down one of the hallways before disappearing into the dark. The dark. Her echos stirred, as if just noticing the fear that was laced through every one of her nerves. A headache started and she tried reaching up to stop it but Alvar jerked her into an uncomfortable position. She winced as all her pain receptors seemed to explode. Her breath caught again, not helping with her headache and panic. Fintan started to pace ominously. He finally looked up at Sophie then Grady and tsked. "How are we going to resolve this? Obviously a proper punishment is in order but how can we make it the worst possible...?" He said.

He stopped after a few more seconds and smiled. Sophie shivered. Goosebumps shot up her arms and spine. Her chest ached and her arm throbbed, the small cuts on her face were quickly forgotten. He slowly circled them with a crazy look in his eyes. "Oh I know..." He said.

Suddenly he lunged at Sophie. He ripped her from Alvar's death grip and set his hands on fire. She screamed as a searing pain crawled up her arms  and chest. Flames licked her neck as a white hot pain erupted on her. She felt it all extremely hot, so hot it seemed to become cold. She screamed with her hoarse voice before she crumpled to the ground. When her vision cleared she saw Fintan kneeling above her. he let out a small laugh when she winced. Her arms felt tingly and hot, her nerves shocked from the extreme burns.
He lit his pointer finger on fire and let it dance across his palm. Sophie visibly shrank away but winced and doubled over when pain shook through her again and again. It crashed on her in awful waves, each worse than the last. Grady begged for Fintan to stop. Fintan's head snapped up at this. He pressed his lit finger to her neck. More fire clawed through her, burning away the rest of her determination along with it. Her skin boiled and blistered from the burn. She let out a guttural cry as the pain clouded her senses again.