Chapter 41

Gethen grabbed her arm and dragged her out of her room. She started protesting but he shot her a glare that made her flinch. He dragged her in front of him and gave her a threatening look, "You will do as I say or there will be consequences."

"I dont care if you hurt me!" Sophie yelled.

"Oh. oh I know you do." He said and reached out. He traced the wide scar that ran down her face. She flinched. "But it wouldent just be you who gets hurt... Ill hurt your friends... Ill hurt Grady... I won't hesitate. You know that." He said coldly. He smirked when she shrank away. She couldent help it. After what had happened to her the first time she was terrified.

What scared her more was what she knew he would do to her friends... Or what he might make her do. What if he forces her to hurt someone she loves?

"We just have to test one more thing first..." He said before stalking off again with her in tow. She was jerked around the hallways. She was in the same cloak she had ripped up on her first night she was there but she had newer cloths.

She wore a much-to-elaborat-for-black top. Tule flowed down the long black sleeves and just past her waist. Her pants were simple black and lace up boots with silver grommets reached up to her thighs. She had gotten a new pair of silver gloves and she had fish-tail braided her hair and secured a small bun just over it at the back of her head with her comb. She probably pulled out all her eyelashes at that point and her echos stirred regularly now. She was barely holding herself together anymore. But she stayed strong. She stayed strong for them.

Suddenly Gethen threw her into the meeting room. She stumbled but Grady aught her and pulled her into a corner. Ruy snickered. Gisela rolled her eyes, "Now that we are all here its time to plan." She started. She gestured to Fintan for his report to start, "Alright then. I've collected all the ingredients and have a spectacular plan for today..." He said.

Grady and Sophie both tensed. What ingredients? What for?

"Excellent! Gethen?"

"Sophie's all ready to go except for one little thing. Isn't that right Sophie?" He said looking at her. Crap.

"You found it!" Alvar exclaimed. He started chuckling.

"Found what?" Alina asked.

"The little gadget that blocks her Enhancing." Gethen said with a smirk. Sophie flinched.

Fintan's eyes widened and he gaped, "Your kidding! Another ability?" He asked.

Gisela nodded and smirked. Grady squeezed her tighter, protecting her. Even if they knew it was no use. "Lets get it off and test this. I haven't seen an Enhancer in action in a long time... and thats saying something." Vespera said. Fintan nodded along with her. Crap.

Grady and her moved closer to their corner as Ruy stood and started moving towards her. She flinched when he grabbed her wrist. He dragged her over to the table. she glared at him and jerked her arm away from him. "Do you want to turn it off or do you want me to?" Gethen asked Ominously. Crap.

She sighed and sneered at him but reached up, pulled off her gloves, and tapped her fingernails in the special sequence that turned them off. Once they turned off she crossed her arms. She still hadn't switched on her enhancing. Gethen gave her a look that seemed to say, same question. This time she just stared him down. He rolled his eyes, "Fine."

The fog started forming around her again. She pushed and punched at it. She was going to try to fight it again. The circlet started to glow at the struggle but eventually she had been drained enough and the fog curled around a familiar nerve. Energy poured down into her hands. she curled them tighter and held them close to herself. She started getting nervous. It felt like another cage had juts been put around her. Gethen smirked, "Who's testing first?" He asked.