Chapter 23

Keefe POV:

Keefe felt terrible for knocking Fitz out. He was his best friend, and he just... drooped him. Even after Sophie gave him a look of assurance he was slightly guilty. But what he hated most about using his power was the fact that his mom saw that she succeeded in changing him.  He hated that she had that control. So he wasn't going to let her put him in a box. she wanted him to be afraid. He could literally feel he triumph traveling through the air after he cowered away. so he was going to get out of that box she was trying to put him in. "Well that went better than I expected! I'd say I'm about as good at this as Foster huh?"

"You wish." Sophie said trying to lighten the mood.

"Ooooooo! Is the Foss boss jealous?"

"No way Hunkyhair! Shes way better than you right Blondie!?" Ro cut in. Sophie gave a sweet laugh, even in the presence of her enemy. She was putting on such a brave face. if she could do it so could he. "I think its a draw." she said helping Biana and Grizel move Fitz over to his parents.

"So the great Sophie Foster finally decides to speak!" Gethen said. Gisela gave Keefe a look he really didn't like.

"Seems my plan was a successes! Wonderful! this really puts things in motion doesn't it?"

"Ok my turn to say shut up if you know what I mean." Keefe said in an impatient tone. another command bubbled up but he clamped his mouth shut and swallowed it down. He was told not to use his ability's on the members so they could answer questions.

"Close..." Gisela said giving him a knowing look. Sophie walked over to him and grabbed his arm, leading him back to their seats. He sat down and gave her a smirk that was sopposed to say I'm ok but he wasn't even believing himself. "Keefe Scencen please step forward--"

"Ok hold up!" Keefe said cutting Emery off, "Can we just go with Keefe. I'm not to big a fan of that name right now."

"Fine Keefe please--"

"How about Lord of awesome--"

"KEEFE!" Everybody yelled at him.

"Ok, ok jeez. Your all no fun."

 Emery continued. "Keefe, please step forward." Keefe gave Sophie a look. He knew he'd let it slip how scared and nervous he was to her with that smirk. "Please come with me..." He whispered, his voice shaking. "Okay." She whispered back giving him a sweet and sportive smile. "I called it!" Alvar yelled to one of the other hooded members. "That's 500 Lusters!" Keefe grabbed Sophie's hand and pulled her up with him. "Please state your--"

"Yeah I know, but do  have to? Its going to take like, 30 minutes! I don't want to talk that long!"

"I bet it will take like, an hour or something." Ro said. Keefe rolled his eyes. "You've just proved my point!"

"Mr. Keefe! State your claims!" Bronte said, a hint of annoyance in his voice. 

"Fine councilor grumpy pants." Keefe said under his breath. He went through the LONGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG list of things that had happened to him it hurt just thinking about it.  Every single one of his stories maid the entire elven world gasp. It was actually really funny. "And finally there all that creepy 'Embrace the change' stuff that happened down in the dwarven world that put me in a coma for... how many weeks was it?"

"You forget!" Sophie said.

"Well duh I forget! It was a coma!" that remark had Sophie laughing.

"Well first off, It was only days." She said between laughs, "And it was four days!" She said. He turned bright red. "Whatever foster." He grumbled. She gave him a smirk. Since when did they switch personality's? "Your rubbing off on her Hunkyhair!" Ro yelled. Emery spoke once again, "You may be seated. Sophie Foster, please stay standing." Keefe was about to turn back but Sophie tugged on his arm. the message was clear even before she transmitted, Please stay with me.  "Sophie, please state your claims." She nodded to the councilors and began to tell all her stories from the beginning. "Wana bet on how long this will take?" Ro said before Sophie could start. "Your on! I say 1 hour!" Keefe said, "And if I win, which I will, you haft to get a tattoo that says 'Hunkyhairs Babysitter'."

"Your on! I say 1 hour and 40 and if I win, I get one unlimited dare!"

"Keefe! Don't take that!"

"Awwww come on Foster! Your always a safe bet!" She raised her eyebrow and rolled her eyes before starting her long list of tragedy. 

Time skip

When Sophie was finally done the timing was 1 hour and 1 minute, meaning Keefe one. "Knew it!"

"Shut up." Sophie and Ro said at the same time. "Thank you Miss Foster, you may be seated." When they sat back down Gethen smiled. Never a good sign. "Lord and Lady Runwen please rise." Edaline stood. "Where is Lord Grady Runwen?" Councilor Darek  asked. Uh oh. Sophie when ghostly pail. "He left for an assignment from you hours ago." Edaline said. "We dismissed him before the tribunile." Councilor Terik said. Sophie started mumbling "this cant be happening, not my dad."

"Woah Foster." Keefe said feeling terrible stabbing terror coming from her emotions. "Forkle get over here!" He screamed. Mr. Forkle darted out of his chair and rushed over to them. "Sophie please open up your mind for me." He said with concern laced through his words. Keefe stared into her eyes. She started back at him tears trickling down her cheeks. "Wheres my dad?" She whispered. She looked so vulnerable, like a lost puppy. "Hey," Keefe said put a calming tone into his voice. "He's going to be fine." She looked away, almost like she was resisting his calm. "Look at me Sophie." Keefe commanded. He needed to calm her down. she looked into his eyes again with her beautiful tear stained face. " Keefe... I'm scared."

"I know. But your the amazing Sophie foster. If anybody can find him you can." She nodded but grabbed onto him and began to cry. Emery stood, "Then we must make a grave announcement. At this point, Lord Grady Runwen is missing."

This hurts me just writing about this! Hope you enjoyed!