Chapter 36

Sophie reappeared in a dark hallway. she was unmoving in Grady's arms...

she felt so helpless...
she couldent do anything...
she was stuck...

More tears fell from Grady's face. Grady. Sophie wanted to tackle him with a hug, promise that they would get out of this, but even she wasn't so sure. He was so sad and even... angry. he was really, really, really angry. at the Neverseen, at Alvar, but what chipped at Sophie was the fact that he was mad at himself. she could see it in his hidden eyes. they were dark and sad and... broken. Grady was slipping away. she was sure that the only thing keeping him sane was his blame and hatred for the Neverseen.

Alvar turned and gave a sinister smile, "Alright then, Lets go. we wont be making the same mistake we did last time, will we Sophie?" He said, bending down to her blank stare.

"Stay away from her." Grady said. his tone was dangerously angry but Alvar just laughed.

"And what exactly are you going to do?" He said with a smirk.

Grady growled and pulled Sophie closer to him. Alvar stepped up to him and started into Grady's eyes. "If you need a reminder on who exactly is the boss do I?" He asked.

Grady clinched his teeth and suddenly Alvar smacked himself. He quickly regained his composer and raised his hand. Grady stiffened and stopped. Alvar laughed and smirked, a dangerous glint in his eyes. "Oh so you do need a reminder... I see." Alvar Grabbed Sophie's limp form and swung her over his shoulder. she couldent see much anymore but she could still hear them. "Grady Grady Grady..." Alvar tsked. she could hear Grady whimper. Alvar lunged with her in his arms and he must have punched Grady in the jaw because Sophie heard a sickening crunch. Sophie was jostled til Alvar had her in a position where she could see Grady. Alvar raised his melder again to her heart. Grady stumbled back and griped his hand to his jaw. he wiped a small trail of blood from his lips before seeing The melder then Sophie. He gasped and fear overcame his expression.

Alvar scoffed, "Alright then. You are going to listen to me like you said you would or she," He said, gesturing to Sophie, "Gets a third blast. Wonder how strong she really is... you think she could handle it?" He asked with a smirk. Grady looked terrified. he was scared for Sophie, he was scared of Alvar... what did they do to him. Grady gave a weak nod. Alvar laughed again and moved the melder. he swung Sophie back over his shoulder and they continued to walk.

after a long walk through dark, maze like hallways they finally arrived at a stone wall. Alvar shoved Grady through and then he went next, Sophie in tow. That was when Sophie heard the arguing. She could hear the eyeroll in Alvar's groan. "They're back at it again!?" He said. Sophie could hear two voices she knew all to well. Gethen and Fintan. "STOP!" Somebody yelled. a door creaked open and she heard footsteps heading straight for them. "Got her." Alvar said smugly. Gethen scoffed, "Whatever". His voice sent shivers up her spine. terror tore through her when she heard another voice in the mix...

"Well then lets get the circlet now. I will not have you messing up again!" Alina said. Sophie was jostled again and somebody else grabbed her. they pressed their fingers to the nerves of Sophie's neck. lightning shot through her again and she gasped. "Shut up." Fintan said. Apparently he was the one who grabbed her. he spun her around and put his hand near her face. he ignited his fist and held it close.

Sophie yelped and strained against his grip but he held tight. "Let. Me. Go!" She said. Vespera and Alina laughed. Gethen and Alvar both snickered. "I dont think so." Gethen said. She shuddered. Gethen grinned, "Is the Moonlark scared?"

Sophie shrank away but Fintan forced her up again. He chuckled. "stop..." Grady rasped. he had shrank into a corner and stayed still till now. Alvar spun, "Oh! Oh we're not done yet either!"