Chapter 24

Sophie couldn't breath. She had never felt this amount of pure terror before. She wanted to kick and scream but she just couldn't, she was frozen in fear for her dad. Silent tears dripped down her face her vision was rimmed red now. She was so angry. she would have inflicted on everybody in that room if Keefe hadn't jumped in. He kissed her and flooded her mind with a breeze of bravery that swept away her anger and heart ache. 

"Very nice save Keefe." Lady Gisela said.

When he pulled away she sobbed into his shirt. They were shaking her entire body as she clinged to him like he was her only life line. And he was. She knew she had to focus but she couldn't. she heard Mr. Forkle call her mutable times within her head but she ignored them. the thing that pulled her out of her haze was Keefe. "Hey," He said pulling away and tilting her chin so she could see him, "Its going to be okay, okay?" She nodded and hugged him again.

"Mom," She whispered weakly.

"Shes right here." said Keefe pulling away and turning Sophie so she could see Edaline. Edaline was sobbing as Alden, Della, Juline, and Kesler pulled her into a crushing hug. Sophie stumble over with Keefe's help and hugged her mom. She was almost afraid Edaline was going to dissaper from her any minute just like Grady had. Sophie had to get him back. Where was he? "We don't know Miss Foster." Emery answered which must have meant she had said it out loud. She glared at him and hugged Edaline tighter. She knew she should be more respectful but she  was to angry to care. "Woooaaahhhhh! Blondie is maddddd!" Ro said scooting away. When Sophie was sure Edaline wouldn't spontaneously disappear  she pulled away and wiped away the tears on her face. "You with us Sophie?" Gisela said giving her a sly grin.

"You." Sophie said darkly.

"Ah ah Sophie. I was in custody! I couldn't have done anything to your father."

"Then who did. I know you know!"

"Do I?" That was it. Sophie started seeing red again as she strolled up to Gisela's podium. But she was stopped by Keefe. "Oh Gosh!" He shouted as he grabbed her arm. "Wow that is a load of rage!" He looked like he'd been physically wounded. he must have felt her terror to because he had a tear stained face as well. "Sorry." She snapped in a not so sorry tone but she stopped walking and stayed their glaring at Lady Gisela. Sophie looked at every one of the councilors. Oralie, Bronte, and Terik shook their heads as if to say, Don't. Sophie finally stood down and let Keefe pull her into her chair. Sophie's friends were all asked the same questions and sat down but that was all a blur to Sophie as she took in the gravity of her situation. "Sophie!' Keefe said shaking her hand. "They asked you a question." he said pointing to the council. The council. "Which councilors last saw Grady."

"Ah. The Moonlark is formulating a plan." Said Gethen.

"Shut up." Sophie snapped back.

"Uh, Sophie? We asked if you wanted to state any extra claims?" Oralie asked. "Also it was me and Alina who saw him after he was finished his mission this morning."

"You and councilor Alina?"

"Yes." Well that didn't help. Who could have abducted Grady? Were they part of the Neverseen? "Sophie watch out!" Keefe screamed and sent them both flying to the other side of the room. Immediately Sophie stood up readying her throwing stars. Keefe stood up beside her with a dagger and the rest of her friends were also armed and pointing their weapons at the Neverseen members. One of them was ready to snap any second and Lady Gisela raised her cuffed hands. "This is not enough ethertine to do much but it enough and it should work like it did for Tam over there but there is only one way to fine out isn't it. So here's how this is going to work, Sophie and Keefe, your going to come with us. Don't even think about it!" Gisela said yelling at the goblins that were advancing. "Your all going to stay there while we take care of some business."

"And just how do you think your going to get out of this room?" Councilor Alina said with a smug grin on her face. Gisela returned the smile. "They're going to get out of here because I've come to the rescue!" Ruy said advancing from the crowd, slinging his cloak over his shoulders. He jumped up to the podiums and got rid of the cuffs on Alvar and Gethens hands. Before he could reach Lady Gisela's cuffs Sophie let loos one of her throwing stars, aiming for his head. Before it could hit him Gethen knocked it out of the air with his sword and Alvar jumped out of nowhere and pressed on of Ros knives to Sophie's throat. Keefe Punched Alvar in the head and swung him over to Biana who tackled him and knocked him to the floor.

"Tsk, tsk, tsk. Lets try this again shall we?" Gisela said. the cloaked member raised their fingers to snap but before they could do anything Keefe screamed "STOP!". Everybody froze. Sophie couldn't move, couldn't speak, couldn't do anything. in fact everybody in tribunile hall was frozen except for Keefe. "Okayyyyyyy! I know you can all hear me now and may I just say... WHAT THE HECK! Mom, you make me sick and every other Neverseen member dose the same! So just stop! You're going to prison and are GOING to tell us what we need to know. Sound good? Good." He said. He used His telekinesis to float all the Neverseen members to one spot and then tried his best to get moast of the goblins in a position around the Neverseen members. "START!" He yelled and everybody went tumbling to the floor. Keefe ran over to Sophie and helped her up. "Who are we, Choped liver?" Tam said groaning. Sophie and Keefe ran over to their freinds and helped them all up. "Ok, remind me never to get you two mad." Dex said with a wince as Sophie tackled him with a hug. The goblins assumed formation around the Neverseen members and Wylie snapped and the cuffs on Lady Gisela's hands vanished completely. She glared, "Fine. Have it your way for now." Did they just turn the tables? "Lady Gisela, your sentanced to a life time in prison along with your freinds. Tribunile closed." Emery declared.

"Wait!" Sophie shouted, "We need to start looking for Grady. Please let us look... I can't..."

"I vote we help Sophie!" Oralie said.

"And I." Bronte said.

"So do I." Terik added. and one by one 10 of the twelve councilors voted to help Sophie find Grady. "Then its settled. Details will be given tonight. Send these Prisoners to our undisclosed prison. Tribunile dismissed." And with that Sophie and her friends leaped away.

Hope you enjoyed!