Chapter 14

Sophie could breath again! Sweet oxygen flowed into her lungs, filled them with sweet relief.

an Keefe...

Keefe was helping her...

as soon as he started mouth to mouth she could get one breath in, then two, then three! It was just enough to kick start her lung muscles, stop the crushing in her chest, stopping the seizing in her back. Air filled her, untangling her thoughts, clearing her vision, bringing her back to reality. She could use her voice again, her throat becoming loser from the air. She let her shoulders relax and leaned into him. Energy whisked back into her, pumping her blood through her. Her middle started to ache; her chest felt like it was on fire, like there was a burning whole inside her.

it was better than nothing. 

The darkness retreated from her mind, slithering away like snakes. Her good arm lifted slightly to meet Keefe's shoulder. She felt around for him, he was really there. He was next to her. She was with him. This wasn't a hallucination. It wasn't another figment of her imagination. This was real...

Why wasn't she pulling away from him?
she just couldn't.
and he knew it.

Sophie didn't care, it was to glorious of a moment to be wasted! She pulled away slowly, still feeling for him, clutching him like a life line.

all those feelings she had bundled up inside her burst drowning out the aching pain in a wave of Love. The pain came back horrifyingly fast, tearing at her muscle, striking through her bones.  Keefe stopped it mid strike with a wave of his emotions. He beat it back with a sense of calm and safety. Icy relief soothed her mind, easing into a comfortable position, stopping the throbbing pains that ached through her with every beat of her now beating heart. She was alive... She was okay... Her heart was beating again... Her lungs were working again.

As if just realizing she could she sucked in more grateful breaths, taking in as much air as she coudl. It was the most amazing thing she had ever experienced.

Her eyelids felt so heavy, like stones were siting on her eyes.
When she finally opened her eyes she stared into his. His beautiful eyes. they soothed her, beating back the lingering pain... They were like two icy pools, waiting for her to sink in. she very well knew the Neverseen's melders were pointed right at their heads but she didn't care.

he stared back at her with tears running down his face.
tears of relief.
"I'm sorry..." she wisperd in a raspy voice, her throat still dry and sore from the lack of use.

"What for Foster?" He asked with a quiet chuckle.

"For scaring you..." She gritted out. More words waited to escape her mouth but they stoped on her dry tongue.

"Its okay," He said quietly, staring into her eyes, hypnotizing her into their calm. "just rest. let us do some fighting for once." He said softly, easing her down slowly.

"I will if you do one more thing for me-" She started, her new words finally breaking free. she doubled over in pain when she tried to speak, her luings acheing for rest, her chest throbbing with every word sending an earthquake of pain shuddering through her. But that wasn't going to stop her.

"Woah woah Foster. Your in no condition to--" He started but she cut him off right there with a second, genuine kiss. She poured every ounce of her affection and confidence into it, leaning into it. She dropped her aching arm and feel on to him before pulling back.

he cradled her head gently and sat on her cot so she could rest it on his lap. Every bone in her body seized up and her muscles turned to jello. Her muscles cramped painfully from being moved and her wounds pounded through her.
it hurt sure... it hurt really bad... but what difference would it make?

She sleepily kept her eyes open, scanning the room, they grew heavier and heavier. she could see friends and family lined up against one of the walls in the room. Alvar was keeping them at bay with Gethen and 2 other members who must have been Trix and Ruy using various melders and daggers, Gethen holding his sword.

She hadn't seen Ruy when she was awake for interrogations but she knew he was there lurking in the hallways, watching... waiting...
Alvar was the one she came back to. she couldn't help but shrink away when she saw him, shivering from a new wave of fear and sending a small groan through her when her muscles seized up again. She cuddled closer to Keefe as the stabbing pains tore through her sharply. He smirked when he saw her, Arrogant as ever and almost seemed proud of what he did. Even through all that she could tell he was guilty... it lingered behind his eyes, darkening his expression. He masked it just as quick as she saw it and shot her a threatening look. She flinched but immediately regretted it when the pain over whelmed her again. She began to wail from the agonizing fire that crawled through her wounds, burning in her bones. Sleep began creeping into her screams and her eyelids started to close. she gritted her teeth and hissed when she tried squirming again.

"Shhhh. Its okay, its okay Sophie just calm down. your okay now." Keefe said sadly, stroking her hair and settling her back down.

"Okay..." she whispered softly, the word barely leaving her lips as she began to drift.

"That's what you all believe huh? well Sophie knows first hand I will not be hesitating on revenge isn't that right Sophie?" Alvar cooed. she shrank away from him again, hissing through her teeth when her bones immediately retaliated with a relentless throbbing pain.

"Shut up Alvar!" Keefe and Fitz said at the same time, fury lacing through their words. Keefe looked down at her sleepy eyes and stroked her face slightly, "Sleep Sophie," Keefe said calmly, giving her a soothing breeze that carried her away from the pain. She sighed softly and let her heavy eyelids close. Soon Sophie drifted off into a dream like oblivion curling close in Keefe's arms, curling away from the painful reality...

Your welcome! I LOVEEEEEE THIS CHAPTER SOOOOOOO MUCHHHHHH!!! OMG! Hope you did to! See you in the next chapter!

Edit: (word count: 1075)