Chapter 16

Sophie felt a sudden thud on her chest. She began to panic. she heard bits and pieces of what sounded like fighting. she heard shouts. she had the strength to squint her eyes. "Keefe was layed over her chest eyes wide open but not moving. A melder blast. Alvar knocked over Grady, Alden, and Fitz right in front over her. Alvar fired his melder at their spines. All three of them were paralyzed. "Now were even!" he shouted. she hadn't heard any of the conversation they had before but it dint matter. her pain was unbearable without Keefe to help her. She couldn't help but cry out in pain. Everybody stopped in their tracks. she opened her eyes a bit more and tried but failed to sit up. She fell back on her bed gritting her teeth from the pain. Alvar ran over, a dark look on his face. She whimpered and hissed through her teeth when he undid her bonds and ripped her off the bed. She screamed when he started to adjust her and walk her over but he must not have cared she was in pain. "Gethen take her." Sophie could barely hold her head up. She was lifted in the air with telekinesis and as quickly as she was in Alvars grip she was suddenly on the ground in front of Tam, Crying through the pain. "Sorry Sophie, I'm really, really sorry." he told her. Tears ran down her face as he lifted her up and gave her to Ro. "Ok Blondie lets stop some of that pain! Elwin gave me this for you." She tilted Sophie's head back as the fighting circled back around. A sweet syrup cooled her pain and slowed her heart rate but it wasn't a sedative thank goodness. Ro ran her back over to the bed and set her back down. She lay their drifting again when she suddenly heard louder screaming from the battle. "OK THATS ENOUGH!" Alvar yelled, "I've had it with you! Gethen!"

"My pleasure!" Gethen replied swinging his sword. he managed to slice some of the bodyguards but they were still standing. Tam had a nose bleed and Trix was on the ground with Lady Gisela. Every one of her friends was up except Keefe and Fitz. "Alvar just surrender!" Wylie yelled.

"Never! you have no chance! 20 other Neverseen members are waiting on my signal to storm in here. you'll never escape! also I doubt Sophie can handle much more injury. you heard her just now! stop the fighting and she dosen't get hurt. TAM DON'T YOU DARE OR I SWEAR I WILL BLAST SOPHIE RIGHT NOW!" He stormed over and pointed his melder at Sophie's head. She had to do something. What would happen if she did though? She hardly had any energy at all and Ro's painkiller was wearing off to fast. Would she hurt herself more if she tried to stop them? Tam finally responded "Ok fine! we surrender just don't hurt anybody else!" Surrender? NO! Sophie wasn't going to give up if it killed her. She thought of the trauma she had endured the passed days? weeks? Sophie wasn't sure anymore... but that only maid her more angry! "Good, hands in the air! no weapons!"

"Alvar,"

"Not now Gethen, Yup that's right Wylie Enough light tricks!"

"Alvar!"

"I said not now!"

"ALVAR!"

"WHAT!" but it was to late.

Sophie sat up ignoring her tearing muscles and broken bones. She Pushed out every ounce of her burning anger, no... Hatred for the Neverseen. it crashed around her, swirled like the angry sea, Flooded the entire facility. Her vision was rimed with red. Nothing could stop her frenzy. She poured every last ounce of her energy into her rage until she collapsed on the bed. The pain came back crushing and ripping her at the same time. Hot and cold flooded her senses overwhelming her. She screamed till her throat was raw. Tears were running down her face and the world of light she became familiar with came back. She knew she couldn't fight it this time, not alone. Suddenly she was thrown back into her body with another surge of pain worse than that last. She heard a shrieking sound and some shouting but it was all white noise. She was at the brink of death. A cool, sticky-sweet substance trickled into her mouth and her thoughts went foggy but she didn't have the energy to fight the sedative. She drifted in the haze wondering if the world of light was coming back...

Hope you enjoyed!