Chapter 8

WHAT!  Fitz screamed. He seemed to have carried everybody else's voice with him. Including Keefe's. They all sounded terrifyed now. Oops...

You heard me. Sophie retorted I'm not safe anymore. I'm sorry...

I don't believe it! its not like he can actually get into your mind! your fine!

No Fitz. I'm sorry, I'm sorry everyone! but... I'm to powerful. They'll harness it for themselves! you need to stay away from me!

NO! WE ARE GOING TO GET YOU OUT OF THIS! We have to...

Hey, Ill be okay...

APPARENTLY NOT! YOUR NOT JUST AVERAGE SOPHIE FOSTER! YOUR THE AMAZING LOVELY LADY F! THE MOONLARK! THE ONE EVERYBODY IS AFRAID OF! SO MAKE THEM MORE AFRAID! He mentally screamed

I WILL-- Ohhhh I see what you did there.

good cause that screaming really drained me.

Yeah, I can feel the exhaustion from here... Thanks... for bringing me back out of that. I just... Ugh! It feels so hopeless...

Yeah I know, but... Your amazing. We all think so! If anyone can get out of there its you.

I know... She transmitted

...were counting on you to get out of there Sophie. Fitz said sadly yet Sophie could still discern the hope in his thoughts.

Okay... I'll try... but I might need help.

well see what we can do. Fitz said sadly

I know you will... bye everyone! and she severed the mental connection just when weariness pulled her back to sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sophie woke to the sound of voices near her.

Not again...

But they were much much closer now. Right next to her in fact. Gethen and Lady Gisela. "So how do we do this Gethen? your the one with it all figured out." Gisela said.

"Look I said we should try but it might be hard if she wakes up." Gethen snapped.

"Shes chained to the bed. Shes harmless." Gisela said with a scoff

"Thats what we thought last time!" Gethen muttered

"Ohhhh, poor baby Gethen is to scared of a little birdie..." Gisela taunted

"Shut up!" Gethen shouted impulsively.

"Ahemm. Who's your boss again?" Gisela said dangerously.

"You." Gethen gritted out

"Mhmm. That's what I thought." She said pointedly.

Sophie heard them shuffle closer.
Ain't no way she was going to let them put that thing on her!
Not if she could help it. It took tremendous energy and put her through a whole lot of pain but Sophie used all the outward changeling methods she learned and... cracked a huge gouge in the floor right where Gethen and Gisela were standing. It was shallow but it trapped them. Sophie used her mental reserves to pull the power back to her stopping other tremors and breaking her bonds. She tried to sit up put winced as she did. No. She had to get out of there... no matter how much pain it put her through...

"Well" Sophie said, hissing through her teeth as she stood, "as much as I enjoyed listening to that little conversation I best be going." Sophie said. she just started limping away on her throbbing leg when Gisela pulled out her sporodine gun.

Ughhhhhh.

"I don't think so Missy." She said, "You are going to sit right back where you were or some serious damage could happen." She said, anger glinted in her eyes. Gethen shot her a murderus look

"Like what?" Sophie challenged, grabbing her broken arm and soppourting it. "You Don't want your precious friends and family to be shot with some of this do you?" Gisela threatened. Sophie flinched and doubled over from the pain that quacked through her sudden movement.  "I doubt it." Gisela said, dangerously calm.

"Maybe I'll just haft to inflict awhile and see how you feel about that" Sophie said through her strained voice. Sophie couldn't believe the words that were coming out of her mouth. She was just as bad as the Neverseen if she kept this up... But it was the only way to keep everybody she loved safe. She wasn't the Perfect Little Moonlark anymore. She was going to spread her wings. Sophie began to stew in her anger. swirling it around her mind picking up more and more rage, adding as much pain as she could. She remembered her throbbing wounds, her tearing skin.

The only thing that kept her grounded was her friends.
They were what was going to keep her steady.

A pain like no other Shoot through her chest. its was stabbing, agonizing, crushing. It almost squeezed out her fiery rage but she quickly righted herself. The pain became worse and worse, blooming an agonizing flower in her chest but she only used it in her stew of rage. 
she was a flaming ball of rage.
She pushed every ounce of it out of her, reliving all of the pain inside her, releasing it all in a blizzard of anger.

Sophie opened her eyes to find at least 15 Neverseen members convulsing on the floor including Lady Gisela and Gethen who had it the worst. they writhed on the floor in agony. Another 13 were stunned by the pain coursing through them and the pure shock of what they had witnessed.

But Sophie's moment of victory was cut really short. The stabbing pain was back, but this time it wasn't because of the pressure from her inflicting.
it crushed through her chest leaving her powerless and heaving. her muscle tore, blood seeped through her bandages and clothes. cool metal crushed through her bones; ice shot through her like a blade... But it was a blade. It sent icy fire spreading through her body, leaving only torturous pain in its wake.
She tried to scream or say something but she couldn't speak, could hardly even breath...

"You've grown stronger haven't you Sophie?" a voice so cold it chilled her through to the bone. "So have I. Did you miss me?" His Ghostly laughter echoed through the room. Flashbacks came so vividly and horrifying she was winded for the second time. And just before the pain and blood loss pulled her into the dark abyss that could very well be her death, a person she knew all to well stepped in front of her. He stared into her eyes, his glinting with sinister intent...

Keefe? She called pushing with her last bits of strength.
KEEFE!
She could hardly concentrate at this point... Pain twisted through her again, finally sending out a scream. He laughed in her face at her suffering. Spots creeped through her vision, almost blinding her in darkness...
Darkness she may never come back from...

FOSTER! Foster hang in there! I'm geeing help! He called back

Keefe I'm sorry...

NO NO DON'T GO! He screamed, Begging for her to stay.

Keefe, listen to me... Alvar survived...

...Let me just pull that dusty Neverseen cloak out of my drawer.  .  . Hope you enjoyed!

Edit:(Word Count: 1122)