Chapter 25

"WHAT!" Sophie shouted. She couldn't believe this. "Miss Foster I know your worried sick, believe me we all are at the edge of our seats looking for Grady but you need to get back into a normal rhythm of going to school and 'hanging' out with your friends."

"NO! I will not be doing anything normal because nothing is normal! Mr. Forkle we just imprisoned the most wanted people in the lost cities and Grady, MY DAD is missing!"

"It will be hard--"

"OH YOU THINK! Edaline is still in tears and I am at my limit... you know that... I don't need other things to worry about right now. Please just let me look for my dad... I can't..." She said holding back her sobs. It had been one night sense the tribunile and every able body was looking for her father. She was at her breaking point. Tears began to spill over. "Look. I know where your consciousness stands and, as hopeless as this may seem, I could tell you have more fight in you than that. What would Grady want? He would want you to continue with your days rather than wasting time, even if looking for him is his definition of 'wasting time'. We WILL find him. You just need to fight for him."

"Mr. Forkle... If I loose him..."

"You won't. Now rest up, Edaline will need you and Foxfire starts in two days." She nodded and said her goodbyes. She walked up to Edaline's room after he left and found her sobbing on the bed.  Sandor was sat next to her. "You'll know whats best Sophie..." He said as she walked in. She knew what he meant. She ran back downstairs into the kitchen and prepared the Slumberry tea. When she finished preparing the cups she walked up the stairs careful not to spill. She walked in to Edaline sobbing again and gently tipped the cup to her lips, making sure Edaline drank it all. She hated having to do this to her mom but she knew it was for the best for now. she put the cup on the side table and sat in Grady's usual spot on the bed. she got dressed in her PJ's and layed down, sipping her own cup of tea. She hoped things would be better in the morning. before she drifted off, Sandor helped her put her cup on the night stand and wrapped her in a blanket.

(We all know when Sophie willingly takes sedatives its bad...)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sophie woke up to a very loud "RISE AND SHINE!"

"WAHHHHH!" she was so scared she slapped whoever was next to her. thankfully it wasn't Edaline. it was Dex! "DEX! What the heck was that! What are you doing!?" My Dearist family has kindly offered to help you and Edaline here with Grady being... well you get the point! were staying here for the time being! yayyyyyyy..."

"Wait... Dose that mean---"

"DEXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX! MOM NEEEEDDDDDDS YOUUUUUUU!" Bex yelled to the top of her lungs.

"Yes. It dose. Hope your ok with it getting a lot louder here for awhile!"

"Uh, I geuss thats fine. Wheres Edaline?"

"Downstairs with my mom and Della."

"Ok, I'll be right down..." Sophie said. It was all slowly coming back to her. everything that had happened the day before. It was almost to painful to think about. But she knew if Grady would fight, she would to. She decided to hide her pain with a scalding hot shower and the fanciest clothes she cared to muster. even if she knew Della would see right through her.

She wore an elegant and wispy chiffon tunic the same bright blue as Gradys eyes with a long train in the back that went to her ankles. (No this is not a dress, its as short as her hip in the front and curves downward to the back) it had flared sleeves and a small gold ribbon around the waist that tied in the back. it had gold embroidery along the sleeves and train. she wore dark brown leggings and soft black boots with black gloves to match. she brushed a small amount of lip gloss on her lips and put on her favorite gold flecked eyeliner on. To top it all off she did an intricate fish braid starting from her side part curling around her head and then trailing down her shoulder. finally she wore a black cape clasped with her gold regent crest and also decided to put on her gold regent circlet.

the outfit was more flashy than she usually wore but she was really keen on hiding masking her pain. she didn't want anybody's sympathy... she had to prove she was ok and that Grady was going to be ok. She walked out of her room and was met by Sandor who seemed very, very concerned that Sophie was dressed up. "Are you going out Sophie?"

"No."

"Then why are you dressed like that?"

"Why not?" She replied. he raised his eyebrow but said nothing as she armed herself, slipping a few throwing stars, gadgets, and daggers in her hidden pockets. She ran downstairs to be greeted by pure chaos. Kesler was passed out on the couch with Rex drawing all over his face with a marker. Lex was chasing Bex around the staircase. "GIVE IT BACK!" He yelled. "MAKE ME TOUGH GUY!" Bex screamed back. Dex was no where to be found. "OH HI SOPHIE!" Bex yelled when she noticed Sophie walking down the stairs. "Hi Bex. Is everybody else in the kitchen?"

"YES!"

"Ok uhh, thanks."

"YUP!" She said before breaking into a sprint again. Sophie strolled into the kitchen. Della was laughing, telling stories about her kids and how crazy they used to be. Juline was laughing with her trying to lighten the mood. Dex was with the gnomes helping them make what looked like breakfast. Edaline was smiling slightly but her face lit up when she noticed Sophie. She got up from her chair and gave Sophie a big hug. "How are you this morning?" She asked in a squeaky tone. "Fine. I'm... I'm sorry... about last night! I-I had to I--"

"Shhh. I know. I would have done the same if it were you. Sandor told me you took one to." Edaline noticed Sophie outfit and raised her eyebrow. "You ok..."

"Yeah, I'm fine!" She probably said a bit to quickly. "I-I'm alright. Uhh, so I should probably let you know that your husband is about to walk in with glasses and a mustache in a few minutes." Sophie said, addressing Juline. "Oh no not again!" She said. Della gave Sophie a quizzical look as she sat down. "So, Sophie! Glad you decided to join us! You look gorgeous my dear!"

"Thanks." Sophie replied quietly. 

"And how are you holding up?"

"I'm going to be fine. I think."

"Well then! How about breakfast before your friends get here? They've been worried sick ever sens they found out you willingly took a sedative last night." She said with a small laugh. Sophie grinned. that sounded like her friends. "You should have seen their faces! I think they thought I was pranking them for a second!" Dex said laughing and sitting next to her. It felt good to have someone she was close to with her. She hugged him and they sat down. "So, Your fancier than normal! Whats wrong?" He immediately asked.

"Everything to be honest. But I'll hold up if he holds up." She replied, referring to Grady. "He nodded. "Sorry for slapping you." Sophie said with a grin. He laughed, "I had it coming."

"You did."

"Oh! What classes do you have this year! Did you notice Keefe and Fitz are going into elite levels this year?! Its crazy!!! But they opted for the option to live at their own homes rather than staying at the towers."

"That's an option?"

"Yup!"

"Cool! They'll get to see Wylie!"

"Yeah its going to be cool! Oh! Looks like we have our lookers next to each other again! Wonder how that happened." He said with a smug grin.

"I don't want to know how that happened do I?"

"Nope! And would you look at that! The cavalry has arrived!" He said pointing out the window where all their friends were, sprinting for the door.

Hope you enjoyed! Sorry this chapter isn't like the others! Just wait though, It'll get exiting again soon! ALSO AS OFF THIS CHAPTER, THIS STORY WAS RANKED AT #140 IN KOTLC!!! THANK YOU ALL SOOOOOO MUCHHHHHH! word count 1402