Chapter 49

So sorry about the wait everyone! :)

Brunne/ Kenric's POV:

They know...

Everyone's eyes were burning into him as he stood over Grady. A force-field began to flicker around him and Grady. Grady. Sophie. all her friends. right in front of him. Staring...

Fintan's snicker snapped him out of his thoughts and sent him stumbling. That only made him laugh harder. the bright orange flames sparkled and danced in the silvery field. the same flames that haunted him. the same flames that killed him... He quickly took his gaze away from them and glanced at the people around him. all of them seemed so shocked...

Kenric couldent blame them... he did die after all.
But they didn't know he was back... they didn't understand how he came back.

His gaze fell on Sophie. Her hand was white in Fintan's grip, her soft brown eyes were wet with tears. Her mouth opened and closed but no words came out. he tried a small smile on and cleared his throat, trying to snap them out of their daze. trying to snap himself out of his daze.

"You're... thats... this is impossible!" Sophie said, her voice cracking with every word. Kenric winced at her hurt expression. "I... I cant really explain right now. I--"

"Oh id dont think so Mr. "Walking Dead"!" Keefe half screamed from the other side of the field. the silver grass blowed around delicately but no sound came from the motion. Silence swelled through the island. "You need to explain this right now!" Keefe continued after a pause.

"I cant... we need to get out of this first." He said, gesturing to the Everblaze and Sophie's pale hand. Sophie suddenly had a new look of determination on her face. she looked so different... so grown up. Fintan broke the silence once again with a scoff, "And how. exactly, do you plan on doing that? I could do this all day in case you haven't noticed." He said, a crazy look crossing his face. "Fintan!" Gisela barked, sounding irritated and angry. "What in the name of Atlantis do you think your doing! We had an agreement didn't we!? We need to work with each other if we are going to comple--"

"Complete what you want correct? YOU want to enhance your son. YOU want to make him more powerful. YOU want to use him for something we both want. But this is getting way to complicated. Power like this should be in more... capable hands. Not with some trouble starting child!" Fintan said, anger flashing in his fire blue eyes. Gethen positioned himself somewhat close to their forcefeild. Ruy, Alvar, Trix, and Vespera were moving to where Sophie's friends were. Sophie seemed to be fighting something, clenching her jaw tightly in concentration. She was fighting for control over Gethens.

Kenric moved over to where Grady was and helped him up. he gave Kenric a wary look but he also seemed happy to see him alive. Kenric was scared. not just because of Fintan or the Everblaze, although that did send shivers through him as phantom pains from his burns erupted around his body. what he was really scared of was this internal betrayal. He had been scanning the thoughts he could hear from the Neverseen ever since Gisela revived him but he never was able to read Fintans. His mind was to ancient to take a deep dive into and this was not at all part of the plans anyone else knew about as far as he could read. All the members knew certain parts of Giselas plan but never the full thing.
she had made sure to split it up.
It was a very smart system, he couldent doubt that. As far as Kenric knew, Gisela wanted to finish Keefe's stellarlune transformation so she could use him to split up all the treaties, making entire species fall with simple commands. then she was going to topple and split up the Lost Cities in an attempt to cause chaos. After the other species and the Elves were distracted by the chaos she had planed to attack humans, pushing them all around, crushing their militaries and governments and forcing them into condensed groups around the world, expanding the species territory. She wanted to fairly split the world. she wanted to give the other spices more territory rather than humans having the most of it.