I'll Spend The Rest Of My Life Making It Up To You

89. I'll Spend The Rest Of My Life Making It Up To You

A lot of things happened while I was... out. And a lot of them I didn't understand, so Ace made it his job to catch me up on those as a part of his apology. It had been weeks since that apology but that's how long it took to explain all the mess that had happened.

  He didn't go into detail about the relationship between his mother and Theo's biological father, Christos, but he told me enough to understand.

  The lunatic took me while I was unconscious, then Ace's mother and Cin- Anna. Anna and me weren't very important to him, and he had no clue what was happening to me but I seemed important so he took us as some sort of sick entertainment, to force Karen to stay longer than she would've if he'd just taken her. Apparently, he still has some twisted connection to her, no one can explain that.

  He's still slightly limping around the mansion with that cane he clearly doesn't need anymore and taunting everyone with his presence. I wouldn't be surprised if he was faking it. Even I want to rip him to shreds sometimes. But he's been spending time with Theo. Surprisingly, the boy wasn't too difficult and they spend a decent amount of time together. Mostly going for walks or having dinner together to talk, bonding, and all that.

  Ace thinks Theo's being a lot more willing so he doesn't have to fend off Cindy- Anna every other minute. Him feeding from her, in the midst of chaos, had brought on some sort of intimate connection that somehow intensified after she was resurrected. It has to do with her blood being in his system and whatever she felt during the process. Ace didn't elaborate on that.

  Anna's a little bitch. All black-haired and red lipstick smirks and irritating. She knows it too, because she turns those daunting looks on me when I turn my growl on her antics. More than thrice I've been dragged out of the same room she was in, sometimes even out of the house, just so I didn't slip my hands around her neck and my claws accidentally puncture her jugular. Apparently, I was a lot like her when I'd first gotten here. I don't see it.

  On the bright side, she hasn't been on my case for a few days now. Haven't seen her much actually. I don't know if I should be worried about that.

  "What about Jule Jule, then?" I asked.

  Ace's chest rumbled with laughter beneath my head. His face lit up and so did my insides.

  "That's a new one," he said, still shaking with humor. His hand ran up my arm until his fingers tangled in the thin strap of my nightgown. I stopped breathing to stop from shivering because the latter would be more embarrassing.

  It was very early, as in the birds hadn't even started chirping yet, but the first sign of sunrise was shining through the tops of the endless mountains of trees through the open balcony doors.

  We stayed up all night talking. Talked about everything and everyone, as much as he'd tell me anyway. There were still some secrets that he'd rather I hear from the source, but I wasn't sure that'll ever happen since I don't care that much to ask. The thought of not knowing doesn't bother me though.

  Ace tilted his chin, moving his smile from the ceiling and down to me. He's laying on his back and I'm practically on top of him with my chin settled on his chest.

  He hummed and looked at the ceiling again. The vibrations that sound sent out made everything inside me thrum.

  "He's trying," Ace said finally, "to get to her, that is. He didn't take the whole mating thing easily at first. But I see where he's coming from—he lost his wife almost two decades ago and he's been single ever since. So it must be weird... being mated to someone you've met when they were a child." He grimaced.