If You Need Me, Call Me

39. If You Need Me, Call Me

   The first thing I was doing when I got up, was helping myself around the house with my eyes still unusable. All I had were my hands and feet and I've never felt so useless.

  I contemplated calling Ace, but seeing as he never came to bed last night and I knew he was angry at me, I rather not.

  So I already brushed my teeth, not sure if the toothbrush belonged to me or Ace, but I don't really care. I also wanted to take a shower, but that wasn't happening this morning​. Not only would it be difficult, but it'll probably take a minimum​ of three hours.

  What I was doing now, was feeling along the wall as I walked down the hall, making my way to the kitchen by memory.

  Couple more steps then I'm in the living room.

  I remind myself, but the living room is going to be the hard part. Since it's open and has a bunch obstacles in the way. I'm bound to fall on my face at least once.

  I got to the end of the hall and took a deep breath before dropping my hand from the wall and reaching out in front of me as I walked into the living room.

  And just as I anticipated, my foot caught on something and I fell, knocking something down with me. I caught myself with my hands as I clenched my jaw in frustration, my chest heaving as I breathed heavily.

  As I fell, so did something else, crashing against the tiles loudly and I hissed, my head jerking as I felt a sharp sting across my cheek.

  "Are you alright!" Someone exclaims as multiple feet came running into the room.

  "I'm sorry!" I said as I felt the wound on my face heeling, "I'll buy back whatever that was."

  Seconds after, I was being pulled up, and by the feel of it, it was Ace.

  "Hey, why didn't you call me?" He asks worriedly.

  My hands were resting on his chest as he held me tightly and I felt his heart pounding beneath my fingers.

  My hands balled as I grip his shirt, "Y-You were angry at me, I didn't want t-"

  "So?" He cuts me off, "Syl, I don't care how angry you think I am," He says lowly and I could feel his breath hitting my face, "If you need me, call me. Okay?"

  I let out a breath and nodded.

  I felt his lips pressed lightly against my forehead, "C'mon, let's go get you some breakfast."

  "Am I going to be able to go to work?" I ask, "I kinda need these for the occupation..." I trail off, gesturing to my wrapped eyes.

  There were low chuckles and Ace's mom answered, "Hopefully. They're supposed to stop bleeding already -- if not, in a couple hours. Would you like me to check?"

  I shook my head, "Nah. I don't think it'll stop until tomorrow," I really didn't want to go to work.

  "Is this your way of getting to call off work?" Ace asks in amusement.

  Dang it!

  I let out a scoff, "Of course not." Then I presume lying, "You know I don't like cancelling things on purpose."

  "Mhm..." He hums, unconvinced.

  "Hey, did she tell you about that guy that asked her out?"

  My head snapped in the direction that came from, "Do you not have a home? When did you even get here!"

  "I'm feeling the love. So welcomed." Blue Eyes says sarcastically, followed by laughter.