You Lied To Me

87. You Lied To Me

Onyx's POV

I sat at the edge of his... well I guess it was our bed now. Ace stood in front of the vanity, adjusting the collar of his black button-down and my eyes have been running over him for the past fifteen minutes as he got ready.

He'd left the bathroom in nothing but a pair of slacks, and rubbing a towel down his face and neck. I was supposed to be downstairs for whatever the heck he had planned but I'd hoped he thought I'd left and walked out of the bathroom... a lot less dressed let's say. Still, I appreciated what I got; staring unashamedly as he accidentally on purpose flexed every visible muscle in his body with every move as he dressed, as if he hadn't known I was ogling.

With every day that passed, the urge to jump him got more and more intense. But I was taught about consent and was waiting patiently. Very patient I am.

So very patient.

I crossed my legs and placed my hands on the bed behind me, leaning back on them. The softness of the fabric of the dress against my skin stole my attention for a second and I purposely shifted so I could feel it again. I sighed. If something could feel gorgeous, it was this. So smooth and soft, like a thousand feathers rubbing against me.

I was dressed in a black flowy dress that stopped just above my knees when I'm standing. It was a great dress, mostly because I caught Ace's eyes lingering on my legs numerous times. Especially right now through the mirror as it rode up my thighs. But the feeling and comfort were bonuses too. It was enough for me to make it through the night.

There was a party downstairs, said Ace. He didn't want to tell me what it was for and after sitting here watching him get dressed, I didn't really care.

The door burst open in that reckless way it always did whenever Dante entered the room. Only, the doorknob knocked against the wall a little harder than normal days and he walked in with his fingers pulling at the neck of his button-down and the bow at the base of his neck. My heart swelled at the sight of his little body in a tux and I smiled widely even after he whimpered and dropped his hand, huffing in distress.

I clapped my hands together and gushed, "Aww, you look adorable!"

Dante, like the handsome, sassy devil he was, stared at me blankly and didn't make his usual beeline for me. He went over to Ace, who was laughing his ass off, and tugged at his slacks.

"Daddy."

Ace looked down at Dante with a grin. "Beryl."

When Ace found out Beryl was Dante's middle name, he'd taken to calling him that every now and then. I didn't understand why but I didn't question it. I happened to like the name actually. It suited him.

"Can I change?"

Ace sighed dramatically and lowered himself until he was on Dante's level. "And why would you want to do that?"

The little boy answered right away. "I'm hot and itchy and I can't move."

They just stared at each other. My eyes went back and forth between the two.

"You blinked," Ace said nonchalantly when Dante blinked once. Ace looked down, still deep in thought while I held back a laugh. Dante smiled widely and placed his hands on Ace's cheeks, connecting their gaze again.

"Please?" Then he did that thing with his bottom lip and made his eyes bigger. My heart melted.

"Okay, compromise," Ace said, but made his next actions speak as he pulled at Dante's tie.