We Have To Get Out

74. We Have To Get Out

Anna's POV

 It's been hours and I've been trying to find a way to get out of this room. I tried opening the window the easy way—with my hands. That went on for twenty minutes. I was throwing any and everything at the window, bruising my knuckles and almost broke my heel. At one point, I phased. But it didn't budge.

 Of course I did the same exact thing to the door before I tried the window. It was the same results—nothing.

 And when I finally came to terms that I wasn't leaving anytime soon, I broken down. But it wasn't for my benefit, it was the fact that she was in the same room as me, laying still and cold on the single bed that was provided.

 I wouldn't have cared if it was just me, even though I have no idea who took us here. I wasn't worried myself. I was worried about her.

 She wasn't supposed to be here. Not like this.

 I kept pounding on the door, ignoring the sharp jolt of pain in my fist each time, but nobody came.

 So I screamed.

 It wasn't like she was gonna wake up anyway. And it would be a good thing if she did, but I knew she wouldn't.

 It sucked because I had no idea what to do to make anything better for her. Nothing to make sure she kept breathing every other minute. I was just sitting around helpless and just had to hope that she didn't…

 So kept screaming until my throat was sore and I started sobbing. And even then until I was completely dehydrated.

 “She's dying!” I screamed, kicking the door and smacking my fist again it, “Let us go!”

 My fist raised again when there was a sharp ringing sound. My hands went to my ears and my face contorted in pain. It felt like a thousand razors scraping against my eardrums and it didn't go away.

 It felt like forever and I only realized I was screaming when the sound stopped. My chest heaved as I pulled my hands away from my ears and sat up shakily. I caught sight of something on the floor by my hand and flipped my palm over. Blood.

 I reached up to touch my ear with my finger and concluded that that was where the blood came from. I immediately looked over at the bed and stumbled up, making my way over to her quickly.

 I pressed my fingers against her neck, desperately waiting for her pulse. It took a good couple of seconds with my heart beating erratically and sweat dripping down my temple until I felt it. It was getting slower and this was the only way to make sure she was alive because she wasn't breathing. I didn't know what to do after that. All I knew to do was make sure her heart was still beating, no matter how slow.

 Swallowing hardly, I dropped my hand. She was still cold and she had dark veins appearing on her skin. I'm more than sure that's not a good thing. I noticed that her lips were slightly parted and looked like they were being pushed up on either side. I pressed her bottom lip down a little and saw what I thought it was.

 Her canines were extended and I had no clue if that was good or bad. I breathed out shakily, moving my hand.

 “What does that mean?” I said lowly, watching the veins running up her neck.

¿*?

 We didn't have a bathroom. There were no sheets. And the fireplace wasn't lit. It was a stone cold room, with a small bed and a torn mattress. So I had to take my shirt off and slip it on her because she wasn't in much and she needed it a lot more than I did at the moment.

 I was fine in just my tank top and jeans as I paced across the room—back and forth—with my eyes on the floor, only looking up to check on her and the door every couple of minutes.

 We needed to get out and I was going to find a way. I couldn't sit here and wait for anything although the window wouldn't break and the door won't open.

 My fingers tangled in my hair frustratingly and I groaned loudly. I breathed, “Okay. Calm down. W-we just have to find some kind of way,” my eyes went to the ceiling and I stopped.

 It was faint, hardly even there and any regular person would definitely miss it.

A vent.

Or maybe what should be a vent. Either way, I wasn't going to be sure until I got up there.

 I looked around, trying to find something that would get me up there. The bed wouldn't help and there was no kind of other furniture here. I was quickly becoming frustrated again.

 Growling, I took a step forward but stopped abruptly when there was a click. My eyes went to the door and I stood still, staring at the small, barely-there space that was haunting me.

 The door was open. Just ajar, but open. I looked over at Onyx lying on the bed and swallowed hardly. I couldn't be cautious, I had to find a way out.

 I breathed heavily, prepared for anything, “We have to get out.”

 I walked over to the door.