I Highly Doubt That

47. I Highly Doubt That

  I was gaping up at the building. It was one of those buildings. The really high ones that looked like it was touching the sky; a skyscraper.

  It was glass. All glass, like most of the buildings that I've seen, since we started seeing buildings and not trees.

  "You like it?" Ace asked lowly in my ear, his breath brushing against the back of my ear.

  I held back a shiver and nodded.

  "Wait until you see the inside," He says and I could hear the smile in his voice.

  A second later his hands were sliding onto my hips slowly. He held them firmly before forcing me a bit forward until I started walking.

  I tried not to let his touch affect me, but it did. I was hot, all over and my legs moved stiffly as I took each step toward the entrance of the large building.

  He moved so that he was walking next to me and wrapped an arm around my waist.

  "How do you go through that thing?" I asked, stopping Ace as he reached for the door that was also mostly made out of glass.

  It was a spinning thing between both doors on either side of it. It was spinning right now, but it looked like it had multiple glass doors that went around in a circular motion.

  Ace chuckled and pulled back, pulling me with him, "It's like a different kind of door. You just..." He trails off, standing between one of the spaces with me in front of him and pushing the glass forward. It started moving and like I thought, in a circular motion, "Walk with it," Ace says and I did. We walked until miraculously we were standing in the inside of the building.

  I grinned widely, "That's a cool door," I said.

  He laughed, "It is."

  It's then I started looking around and it was incredible. Everything was very... warm looking. It had a theme of brown. Different shades of it. The ceiling was high and held a large crystal chandelier that casted rainbows across the whole floor from the sun shining through the glass walls.

  It was open, relaxing and beautiful. There were leather couches, large plants placed in large pots at different places, flowers in vases on very fancy tables.

  "This is yours?" I whispered in awe.

  His arms wrapped lightly around my waist and my heartbeat sped as his chest brushed against my back, "This is ours," He said against my hair, "If you want it to be," He adds.

  "I-I'll think about it," My voice cracked. It sounded high and squeaky but he picked up the sarcasm underneath all of it and chuckled.

  "You wanna look around?" He asks, then points across the room to where two double doors were open wide, letting in the sunshine, "There's a pool through there."

  I nodded eagerly, but at the same time, I liked how he was holding me and I wouldn't mind standing here for an hour or two, but he has work to do and I need to find something entertaining.

  I made my way to the exit while Ace walked over to a desk where a lady was sitting behind.

  There weren't a lot of people outside, but there was enough. There were some couples here and there. One couple was in the water, doing coupl-y stuff and another was cuddling on small beds on the side of the pool.