I Didn't Let Him

51. I Didn't Let Him

  I walked into Blue Eyes's room and stood in the doorway, "Have you seen Ace? He isn't in his room or in his office," I asked, looking over my shoulder down the hall.

  So what happened was, I found a bracelet in my top drawer. It was the bracelet. Gold with onyx diamonds. I was getting ready to go to work and I was looking for underwear and it fell out of the fabric when I took it out of the drawer.

  I immediately remembered Blondy saying Ace told her to drop something off at my room and I know it's been a while but I wasn't exactly looking and I forgot. It wasn't just any bracelet either, it was the same one that he gave me back when we first met. When he stopped coming to see me, I'd left it there on a rock the last time I went to the river.

  Miraculously, it still fits, but I still do have have a small wrist, so it's not that unbelievable.

  Blue Eyes turns to me as he secured a watch on his wrist, "He didn't tell you?" He asked in confusion, "He left last night. He had something to attend to, a state over, he'll be back in two days."

  I blinked with a frown, "Oh."

  "I thought he would've told you," He said, turning to the full length mirror and adjusting his clothes. He was wearing a suit, but my mind was still whirling around the fact that Ace wasn't here to think much about it.

  "He told me he was gonna talk to you yesterday, I just assumed-"

  "He didn't get to," I cut him off, staring down at my bracelet, fiddling with it, "Actually I didn't let him so..."

  "You didn't let him?" He said, staring at me through the mirror.

  "I didn't want to talk to him. I told him to leave," I said honestly.

  "You're still angry about what happened at training?" He frowned.

  "Yeah," I mumbled, "Well, not now. And yesterday," I let out a breath, running a hand through my hair, "I was tired and cranky. You even came in and I kicked you out!" I exclaim, throwing a hand in his direction.

  He nodded to himself, "You did."

  "I just wasn't in the mood to talk to anyone at the time," I mumble.

  "He did try to talk to you multiple times in the past too weeks, but he just find out about the meetings yesterday," He said, "You want to talk to him? I can call him-"

  I shook my head, "No. It's- he's probably busy-"

  "Right now? No, he's landed already-"

  "It's fine, I have to get to work anyway," I cut him off again, taking a step backward.

  "Um, okay. I'll see you later?" He said eyeing me weirdly.

  I nodded, walking out and closing the door after me.

  I took a deep breath as I stood outside the door.

  "Two days," I mutter to myself, "It's just two days. He'll be back in two days."

  With a deep breath, I coached myself internally for a couple more seconds.