Too Much People

11. Too Much People

  When we entered the room, there was a quick blur and then someone was throwing their arms around Ace.

  My body tensed and my hands clenched at my sides. I wanted so badly to rip her pretty face apart but I know it wasn't my place to do so, even if he was my mate.

  Though what hurt, what made my clenched fists relax and my stomach to coil, was when his arms wrapped around her waist, pulling her closer. It was then I knew, he'd forgotten all about me, but I told myself I was fine. And with a forced smile, I turned my back on them, but as soon as I did the smile fell and I brought a hand up to touch my chest where it was hurting, then I made my way to the stairs.

  I knew where I was going. I was going to Blue Eyes's room. That's the one place in this house that is remotely relaxing, and I like spending time with him.

   I opened the door to his room and made my way over to his bed. I took off my boots before pulling the covers back and getting under them, pulling them up all the way to my mouth and burying my face in his pillow. I closed my eyes because they were burning with tears I didn't want to shed. I promised myself I wouldn't let him break me, and I was going to keep that promise. He's not mine.

  There was a sigh in the entrance of the room. I already knew it was Blue Eyes so I didn't acknowledge him.

  "Onyx..."

  He wanted to comfort me but even he knew there was no way he could make me feel better after that. He can't explain that in any way that would make me see him any different and I don't want him to.

  He sighed again, "I'll have your stuff delivered to your room." He mumbles before there was a soft click of the door closing and I sobbed.

¿*?

  "Ok, so I got you food." Blue Eyes says as he walks into the room.

  It's been hours since we came back and I'd stayed snuggled up in his bed, watching the sun go down and the room become dark but I didn't get up. I welcomed the darkness that had surrounded me a while ago and I'd drifted off to sleep a couple of times before but for some reason, I couldn't stay asleep.

  The room was suddenly flooded with light and I groaned loudly, pulling the covers over my head and shutting my eyes tightly.

  Blue Eyes chuckles lowly to himself, "You're going to hate school." He mumbles, "I went out and got some job applications for you by the way-" I sat up abruptly, looking over at him and he grins, happy that he got a reaction out of me, and walks over to the bed with a plate of food in one hand and a glass of something to drink. He sets the glass down on the bedside table and hands me the plate that was a combination of carbs, vegetables and fats.

  He sits at the bottom of the large bed, falling back and looking up at the ceiling, "I told them about the hours you can work so you just have to confirm it. From four to whenever." He folds his arms behind his head and I watched him while I ate slowly, "So there's this one for a waitress down at a small restaurant, you go in tomorrow, if you're interested, for an interview. I can give you a lift. Then one for the local library, since I gathered you kind of like to keep to yourself and not talk to people so you could spend a couple hours packing books on shelves maybe. Or there's this good friend of mine who's looking for an assistant. He does a lot of paper work and stuff so he wouldn't mind the extra help. Just little stuff, you don't have to worry about. You can think about it but think fast because all these meeting are for the rest of the week."