People Don't Normally Do This Do They?

16. People Don't Normally Do This Do They?

  "Get up, Onyx. First day of school!"

  Light was suddenly in the room, shining everywhere, causing a red light to shine behind my eyelids. I opened my eyes and squinted to ease the burning sensation in my eyes that the sudden light intrusion was causing.

  Although I've never showed it, I was dreading this day. But I try to motivate myself. I've always wanted to be normal and know how it feels to be a normal person and get swept away by the real world and act as if I wasn't abused and locked up for most of my life. Then again, I hate people and I despise being around them.

  I groaned, rolling over onto my stomach, taking my pillow with me while holding it down on my head. Just kill me.

  The pillow was ripped away from me and I used my arms to cover my head instead, "Go away." I groan into the mattress.

  "Nope. It's eight. You're late for school. I actually thought you'd put some effort into your first day." He says in amusement.

  "I put effort into nothing." I say, but it came out muffled and I doubt he understood what I'd said.

  "C'mon, Onyx. Your crazy late. School started half an hour ago." He says.

  I got up, scowling, "Alright. Fine!" I got out of bed, "Let's go."

  He stared at me. Just stared.

  "You are not going to school like that. Go get ready, I'll be waiting right here." Blue Eyes says, sitting on my bed and getting comfortable.

  I glared and groaned, "What's wrong with this?" I snap.

  He looked at me like I was crazy, "Onyx, you don't just get up out of bed and go to school. You have steps -- procedures you have to follow. Should I name them?" By the end of his speech he was getting all sarcastic, staring at me incredulously.

  I crossed my arms, "Well, go ahead, I have time."

  He through his arms up, "No you don't!" He exclaims, "Take a shower, brush your teeth and get dressed." He says, not believing that he has to tell me these things.

  I made a face, "I have to do all of that?"

  "Onyx." He says warningly.

  "Fine." I huffed and started gathering stuff to go the bathroom, "But don't think I'm getting all dressed up either."

  "Wasn't even." He responds, waving me off.

¿*?

  "Okay. No. You are going to wear a bra." He says as soon as I walked back into the room.

  I'd taken a small shower because I knew if I'd stayed too long he'd be banging on the door for me to hurry up. One thing I'd noticed as I was in the bathroom room was that there was a lock on it now. I was well aware why and who put it there.

  I made a face at him, "A what?"

  He sighed, running a hand down his face, "A bra. Something to contain these." He lifts his hands up and held his chest.