Out And About

20. Out And About

"How long do you think this will take to heal?" I ask Blue Eyes as I carefully dressed his wounds.

He was laying on the bed on his stomach while I was sitting on his lower back, almost on his ass. He'd finished taking a bath not long ago and was now dressed in only a pair of grey sweatpants and white socks. He'd also already took care of the wounds on his chest and plastered them up and now I was helping him with his back.

Since he took another shower, his wounds weren't bleeding as much anymore but they still were, so we had to plaster them up, unless he wanted to keep changing his sheets and throwing out his shirts.

"I'm not sure. Probably two days, I forgot to ask that." he sighs, his voice muffled as the side of his face presses into the sheets, "As long as I don't die." He adds lowly.

"You really shouldn't have went in there." He says after a moment of me just plastering him up.

"I know," I reply, "But I did anyway."

"No one's really ever had the guts to stand up to him like that, since he's..." He trails off, shrugging his shoulders lightly, "Y'know, deadly."

I snickered, "Yeah? Well I can be deadly too if I want."

He scoffed with a breathless laugh, "Yeah I'm sure the whole mansion heard you two. Pretty brave y'know. You're gonna have a lot of admirers after tonight."

I shrugged, "Don't really care. Did you guys fight?" I ask him.

He shifted a little with a groan, "I didn't even see it coming to be honest," He starts, "We were training and I was talking to one of the trainers and he just came at me outta nowhere." He huffs. "I think it was because I was breathing." He adds playfully.

I held back a laugh, "Did you at least get a couple swipes in?"

He chuckles, "A couple."

I grinned, "That's mah boy."

He buried his face in the sheets as he laughed, before pulling back and pressing the side of his face back into the sheets with a grin, "You do remember he's your mate right?"

I groaned, "You just had to remind me!" I say in exasperation.

  "Not that I'm suggesting this but..." He trails of, "Why haven't you rejected him? Just curious. Not that you should or anything."

  I chewed on my bottom lip for a moment, taking another one of the large plasters and placing it along one of the deep wounds, "It would be," I pause, "Easier if he was the one who did it, because that way It'd be less difficult for me to move on from it. Because I knew he didn't want me and didn't cause him too much pain if I walked away first." I tell him.

  He was quiet for a moment before he spoke again, "But why should it matter if he's continuously hurting you anyway?" He asks softly.

  I stopped and moved back while I thought about it. It really didn't make sense did it? That I would wait for him to reject me, because I don't want to hurt him by rejecting him first, when he's been hurting me nonstop.

  "That's not really it per say," I start, moving to get another plaster, "I'm used to being rejected and being left behind. I'm used to people giving up on me and I'm okay with that. So if he leaves me..." I swallowed hardly, "Then it won't affect me too much because I expected it and I'll be okay with it because I know I'll be fine." I shrugged, "It'll take a while, but I know I'll be fine."

  "You ever wanna just..." He trails off, pounding his fist into his open palm, "Bash his head in."

  I threw my head back and laughed loudly, "Trust me, you have no idea," I grinned and figured I'd tease him a little, "But you already did today."