It's Alright

28. It's Alright

  "Why are you doing this?" Cassandra says, "Why are you helping me?"

  After an hour or two of her being wherever, freshening up and being taken care of, she was here. In those hours, Ace took his time in explaining to me that Blue Eyes and my sister are mates and how he knew. What he didn't understand however is why Blue Eyes reacted the way he did, but I know exactly why and I was going to tell him, just not now.

  Right now she was standing on the steps to the pack house, staring at the car that was waiting for her to bring her back to where she came from.

  She was back to being her regular self -- in appearance at least. Her hair was back to its bouncy state and she was in a flowery dress that stopped below her knees and sandals.

  I roll my eyes upward and heard Ace chuckle, "Don't flatter yourself please." Is my respond, "I just want to be rid of you and my past and I want to start living, just not where you or your sorry excuse of parents are." I saw her flinch a bit but do I care? No. Because if they think I'm just going to forget, then their just delusional.

  She swallowed loudly and turned to me fully, "Thank-"

  I waved her off, "Don't thank me, thank him." I point to Ace who's on the other side of me.

  She nodded and I could feel the guilt rolling off of her and eating her from the inside. Good.

  "Thank you, Alpha."

  Instead of answering, Ace nodded once.

  She was leaving then, taking the steps one at a time, then she turned back and faced me, "I know you told him." She says, swallowing hardly, "I'm not angry about it, I've been thinking about all the things that have happened and I know you won't forgive us but I just want to say that I'm sorry. I really am. And I'm not surprised that my own mate doesn't even want to be with me, because I deserve it for all I've put you through." She looks down at her feet, "I don't deserve to have anyone, but tell him that it was actually nice to know that he's alive and he's uhh... very handsome."

  I snickered at that and nodded, "Will do."

  She started leaving again and just as the car door was pulled open for her, I decided to speak, "I know they're not sorry for what they did to me!" I call after her, "I could've killed you a long time ago  - all of you - but I didn't because I knew it would've made me worse than you."

  She looked up at me briefly with red eyes and I knew she wanted to cry again. I reached up and gave her a salute and she nodded lowering herself into the car.

  I lowered my head and closed my eyes.

  Wow, that felt good, Dakoda says, making me smile.

  "What was that?"

  I looked over at Ace and he was looking at me with a confused expression.

  "What did they do to you?"

  I smiled at him, reaching out to take his hand, "I have a lot to tell you Alpha."

¿*?

  "What!" Ace shouts, his voice echoing making the chandelier shake.