You Have A Restaurant?

46. You Have A Restaurant?

  "-and she's really pretty," I told him, nodding.

  "Is she?"

  I nodded again, "Yup. I think he really likes her."

  "Huh," He says absentmindedly, running his hand over his stubble.

  "What?" I asked, staring at his face carefully, "I don't like that look, what's that look?"

  He chuckled, shaking his head, "No, it's just that, my brother's never really..." He lets out a breath, "Had a girlfriend or anything close to it. Y'know, because of him being different and he hardly goes out."

  "I know about the not going out part," I shrugged, stuffing my face with fruit snacks. Yes, he did get them for me. He got a lot, "And what do you mean about him not having a girlfriend? Do they not like him because of his appearance?" I asked with a frown.

  Ace shook his head with a grin, "Of course not. He's had plenty of females try to pursue him," He gives me a look, "Plenty," He lets out a breath, leaning his head back against the chair. It was a really high chair. A bit dramatic to be honest, "My brother... He's very insecure that's all. I'm just happy that he's breaking out of that shell of his, even if it is just a little bit."

  "He said he doesn't fit in here," I told him, "Like, people look at him differently."

  "They do," He nods, "Most of them do, but that doesn't stop any of them from asking him out. He used to get really awkward and uncomfortable when someone did."

  I nodded slowly, interpreting everything, "I've been wanting to ask..." I trail off.

  "Mhm?" He hums, taking the bag of snacks from me and taking a handful before handing it back to me.

  I frowned at it before looking up at him.

  "Are you gonna ask me or not?" He grins as he chewed.

  "Why does he always wear a sweater even if it's one hundred degrees out?"

  "Ah," He nods, "You should probably ask him that."

  I saw that response coming. I just wanted to see if it was true.

  I shrugged, "Okay," I stuff another handful of chewy goodness in my mouth until I noticed he was staring at me, "What?" I chewed out.

  He shook his head with a smile, "I can't look?"

  "Uh... Sure," I shook my head, muttering, "Weirdo," Smiling when he laughed.

  "Oh," He says, sitting up. He adjusted me so that I was sitting with my back pressed against his chest. His arms circle around me and he moved some papers away until there was only a large paper on the table with a lot of lines, "This is the blueprint of the extension of one of my restaurants," He said.

  My head tilted toward him slightly as I asked, "You have a restaurant?"

  His chest vibrated as he chuckled, "A couple and a couple hotels..."

  "Does that mean you're rich..." I trail off.

  He shrugged, "A little."

  I grinned and clapped, "Yay, we're rich!"

  His arms tightened around me as he laughed at my reaction, when in reality I didn't really understand it.

  "I wanted to ask what you think about it," He said, his chin resting on my shoulder. He reaches a hand forward and pointed out different things as he explained, "This is the whole restaurant. This part here-" He ran his fingers along a small portion of the drawing, "-is the extension. I was thinking of turning it into a coffee shop or something for in the day since the restaurant opens at seven every night," He explains.