I Do Whatever I Want

32. I Do Whatever I Want

  I gasped, "What did you do to your face!" I exclaim, hurrying across the room and over to his desk. I took his face in my hands, staring at him with wide eyes.

  Ace rolled his eyes at my dramatics, "You're so annoying." He mumbles, leaning back in his chair when I kept running my fingers over his jaw and scratching at his face.

  "Y'know you look a lot different without facial hair. Younger." I tell him, still running my fingers across the smoothness of his face.

  "You've seen me without facial hair before." Ace says, rolling his eyes.

  "Barely." I said, running a finger down his jaw along a vein that was popping out against the skin of his neck. I smiled, "Your face is so funny." I giggle.

  He smiled, shaking his head, "I didn't call you to ask what you think about my new look," He teases.

  I shrugged, still running my nails gently across his jaw, "Then what it is?"

  He shook his head at my fingers still on his face, "Would you-" He cuts himself off, taking my hands and pulling me forward swiftly, resulting in me falling on his lap with a squeak, "Stop scratching at my face please." He says softly, amused as he stares down at my wide eyes.

  "Fine. Fine. Let me go." I grunted, wiggling to get myself free from his hands. It was doing stuff to me. Stuff I didn't like.

  "Aw come on, gimme a hug. I haven't seen you in a while." He teases, engulfing me in a bear hug.

  I grunted, the air leaving my lungs, "Get... off." I grunted breathlessly in his ear, gripping his sides.

  He laughs and lets me go as I take a deep loud breath. As I was busy getting myself and breathing together, I felt him wrap his arms lightly around my waist.

  "Are they working?" He asks teasingly, tilting his head to peek at my face, with a smile.

  With a hand pressed to my chest, I nodded, "You almost killed me." I breath dramatically.

  "Oh, don't be so dramatic." Ace laughs, running his fingers through my hair.

  I slapped his hand away, "Don't touch my hair. You don't get the privelidge." I hiss at him.

  He pulls his hand back quickly, raising it innocently in the air, "Well your mood just flipped a one-eighty." He says, sounding amused.

  "It's only been a couple of hours anyway," I said, fixing my hair, "I still think your dumb. As I'll always."

  He nods, leaning back and dropping his hand to my lap, "That means you still hate me for not killing my ex-best friend."

  I refused to look at him, staring across the room at the wall, "I still don't understand what your problem is when she's the ex-best friend. If I'm interpreting it correctly, exes aren't supposed to matter. The letter 'x' isn't even commonly used which is a sign." I clenched my jaw to fight back my sudden anger.

  He sighs, "Okay, let's say, it was a different scenario and Damian was the psycho one who was out to get me because I did something to him back in the day. Would you have wanted me to kill him?" He asks.