Check Me When I Care

6. Check Me When I Care

"Why am I here?" I had just woken up and noticed I was laying in something that is very close to looking like a hospital bed.

No more than a second later, a feminine voice replied, "They found you in the woods. You fainted."

I look at her blankly, "So they brought me here?" I say slowly. She nods. "Because I fainted?" I say again, just as slow and she nods once more, "That makes a lot of sense." I've noticed that my sarcasm rate has heightened a little, "But I'll be going if that's alright." I sigh, throwing the sheets off and getting out of the bed.

"W-Wait! You have to get checked-"

"Check me when I care, and I'm not really caring at all right now." I give her one last look before starting for the door.

Luck didn't seem to be on my side today but to tell the truth, when as it ever. In, came Ace, entering through the only exit and stopping, causing me to pause in my tracks. We stared at each other blankly and the more we did, the more I felt the pull, the need, to just go to him. I wanted to go to him, but I didn't want him and he returned that favor.

There was movement behind him and my eyes adverted to over his shoulder. My face broke into a wide grin as it always does, "Blue Eyes." I say warmly. I hardly know him and I already feel like I have some connection with him. It wasn't an intimate feeling but a feeling of want. Just wanting to know he was there at all times.

A small smile slips onto his face and he lets out a short laugh, "Onyx." He nods at me. I know he was just as happy to see me and that made my smile grow.

We were broken out of our warm greetings by Ace being his usually demanding and anger ridden self, "If you're done. I'd like a word."

Immediately my smile fell and my mood changes from one of happiness to irrigation and anger, "Word." I spit through clenched teeth. I watch as his hands balled into fists, willing myself to keep my gaze on his. "I was leaving if you don't mind. I have no time for this foolishness." I say, my anger coursing. I've always had a bad temper. It was a beautiful flaw.

"You don't leave until I say so." He snarls, taking a threatening step forward, his muscles flexing.

"Unless you knock me out, I don't see what's stopping me." I make my way toward them to leave.

It wasn't as fast but I saw the nurse approaching from my right but did nothing. Then there was a sharp pinch to my neck. I turned to look at her and she was holding up a rather large needle.

I held my neck, staring at her in nothing but rage, and as I was about to lunge at her I was pulled back into a hard chest. The person wrapped their arms around me to stop my fighting. I ignored the tingles and heat that coursed through my body, focusing on getting my hands around that bitch's neck, but all I could do was watch my attempts turn feeble. Everything was moving in slow motion. There were talking but I couldn't make out single word. Then everything became a blur as my eyelids drooped and my body became numb. I was consumed in darkness.

¿*?

"Why are you so friendly to her?"

"Why not?"

"You know you are not supposed to talk to them. She's a rogue."