Leave Me Alone

15. Leave Me Alone

  I waited a long time. Not really, just a couple of hours. But I went deep into the woods, away from the pack. It was windy and I didn't want anyone catching my scent, so at the end of my Tarzan trail, I was sitting on top of a cliff that overlooked the whole forest.

  Sometimes I forget just how large the world is until I come across something like this. Then I sit there and I think -- something that I hate doing because it leaves me in nothing but turmoil. I think about all the places I probably would've been to if I wasn't locked up in a cellar for most of my life. I think about all the people that I would've met and all of the wonderful things that I would've seen.

  Then I'm reminded that I'd never get to see anything but what was in front of me and I was okay with that. I was okay with fantasizing about meeting new people and going to beautiful places. I was okay with picturing myself as a beautiful girl who was outgoing and spontaneous and had wonderful parents who gave her everything she's ever wanted and a boyfriend who loved her and looked at her with that love shining in his eyes for her, for everyone to see. I was okay with that. But when I fall back down to reality, I always fall hard and who was there to catch me? No one. I've been holding myself up all this time with nobody's help. And I can keep doing it, but...

  How long is it going to take before everything becomes too much and I just... can't take it anymore? Is that when everyone's going to care? When I'm almost gone? Or when I am?

¿*?

  It was three in the morning when I got back to the house and I didn't want to go in through the front, because no doubt he'd have people sack me and carry me to him. So I'd jumped as far as I could and latched myself onto the edge of the roof -- almost falling -- then climbed onto it. I crawled around on the roof as I searched for a window that would possibly be mine.

  When I found it I had to climb down the side of the house, praying that I don't fall, or worse; someone spots me. I always did leave my window open and that it easier to drop in after I slipped a little.

  So now I was laying on the floor, breathing heavily when I heard shuffling.

  I was immediately standing, my back pressed against the wall as I got into a half crouch, my eyes sweeping the dark room until they landed on the large figure sitting on my bed, looking at me.

  "What are you doing?" I hissed, not quite standing straight because I don't know why he's here.

  "Syl-"

  "Don't call me that!" I snapped.

  "And why the hell not!" He snaps back, "Why the hell not, Onyx!" He growls.

  I held back a smile, "Because that's my name; Onyx."

  He lets out a loud sigh, "No it isn't-"

  "See- I don't have time for this." I mumble, walking over to my small closet and pushing the sliding door open. I was going to take a shower and when I get out he won't be here.

  I took out a set of my new pajamas and then made my way over to my dresser, pulling out the top drawer to get my underwear. I shut the drawer and turn to leave but stopped at Ace's sudden form standing in my way.