No One Taught Me

26. No One Taught Me

  Ace lets out a low growl, "Jerome you're gonna get us killed." He hissed under his breath.

  I held back a smile, trying to pull away from him but he hugged me closer, "Why don't you open the door." I encourage.

  He looks down at me, his eyes shining in fear as he shook his head vigorously.

  I raise my eyebrows, "Is Alpha Ace scared of his mother?" I ask mockingly.

  He lowers his head along with his voice when he spoke, "Syl," He pauses, "Even the most powerful man in the world has his fears, though, I don't fear my mother," I give him a look for him to continue because I could hear the 'but' coming, "But," Bingo, "She gets really scary sometimes."

  I snickered, "Isn't it going to anger her even more when you take too long to open the door?"

  He hisses, "Shit, you're right." He lets me go and started toward the door.

  "I said open this door!" His mother shouts even louder.

  He opened it and the first thing that happened when he did was him getting slapped against his chest with a small purse, "Who the hell do you think you're growling at." She scowls, glaring at him fiercely.

  I tensed, standing as still as possible in hopes that she wouldn't notice me. I even stopped breathing.

  There's one thing that was absolutely clear in my mind though, she was the most beautiful woman I've ever seen.

  She was wearing a floor length spaghetti​ strap dress. There were no wrinkles, not a single one to indicate that she'd at least sat down or moved. It was a dark violet and complimented her dark skin tone. Her hair was a fro of dark curls that stopped just above her shoulders and flopped onto her forehead beautifully.

  Around her shoulders was a black scarf, that matched the clutch in her hand. It probably wasn't a scarf, it was too thick to be, but that's what it looks like. It was tied fashionably at the front top of her dress, covering most of her chest and upper arms.

  "Sorry, ma, I didn't know it was you." Ace apologizes, taking her hands and bringing them to his lips briefly.

  She ripped her hands away, "Don't you butter me up. I can't believe you." She places her hands on her hips, her eyes narrowed as she stared up at him.

  His brows creased, "What did I do?"

  "I had to hear from pack members that my son finally found his mate. Do you know​ how angry that made me?"

  He sighed, but he smiled slightly, "Sorry, she wasn't ready."

  His mother huffs, dropping her eyes to the floor and muttering, "Dammit, I raised you right."

  If only you knew...

"Anna was the one who put it out there. I didn't ask her to, but I didn't tell her not to either." He explains, all the while I stared at his mother, trying to find one little flaw, but came up empty.

  I shifted to my other leg and froze when her head snapped in my direction. I guarded myself as she stood straight, squaring her shoulders as she eyed me from head to toe.

  I noticed one thing out of the norm, however. Her irises were coal black and the veins in the white part of her eyes stood out, only they were black also and to be honest, they were scary, but I also found it fascinating.

  Today is probably not the best day for me to have blood all over me.

  "Your name." She says, her eyes held mine and I found it hard to look away, not that I wanted to either.