I Was Having Too Much Fun

25. I Was Having Too Much Fun

  "So," Ace exhales, letting his eyes run over me, "Why are you covered in blood?" He looks up at me expectantly.

  I immediately look down at myself, fingering the fabric of my T-shirt, "Umm..." I trail off, looking up at him, "I was having too much fun." I tell him the first thing that came to mind.

  He nods slowly, "Just one question. No one died right?" I shook my head, "And you're okay?" I nod again and he nods, "Good."

  Then we stood there in silence. It wasn't comfortable and it wasn't welcomed. It was unbearably awkward and I fidgeted and rocked back and forth on the balls of my feet.

  I was about to turn and leave, just so I could relieve myself of the tension but just like every other time that I'm about to leave, I was being pulled back. Only this time, by my hips, as he uncrossed his ankles and opened his legs to bring me closer to him.

  "This what you want?" He teases as he brought me closer so our chests were pressed together.

  My breath caught in my throat and my heart sped, beating rapidly against my rib cage, along with my palms getting sweaty.

  I let out a shaky breath, "Not really." I breathed, reaching up to run a hand through my hair nervously.

  His lips twitched into a teasing smile, "Mhmm." He hums, "I've always wanted to ask," He stops, staring into my eyes for what seems to be my consent, so I nodded once, not really trusting my voice at the moment because of how nervous I was, pressed up against him, "Did you know it was me?" He asks softly and by his tone and the look on his face, I understood abruptly.

  I felt myself relax and I practically melted into him when I felt his hands move, one to my back as he ran it up and down slowly and the other down, resting on the side of my thigh, his thumb moving back and forth slowly.

  Goddess, what am I doing! I'm supposed to be mad at him!

  Oh, give the guy a chance. I like this, Dakoda purrs.

  I almost rolled my eyes, the whore.

  Isn't whoring if he's made for you.

  When I spoke it was barely above a whisper, "I knew it was you the second I saw you."

  His eyes closed and he sighed, pressing me closer to him with the hand that was resting on my back, "Why didn't you say anything?"

  I chewed on my bottom lip, "I didn't think it mattered. You obviously didn't remember me, so I didn't think I mattered anymore. And you had a girl who was all over you who's gorgeous by the way." I give him a look.

  He shook his head with a chuckle, "But she isn't my girl, you are," He says lowly, his voice deep and I had to stop myself from swooning, "You always have been and I'm beyond sorry that I treated you how I did," He apologized for the thousandth time, reaching up to twirl his index finger around a strand of my unruly hair, "I'll spend the rest of my life making it up to you if I have to."

  I shook my head, "You really-"

  "Yes I do." He cuts me off, "If it'll make you feel any better, I'll tell my mom." He says, tucking my hair behind my ear gently.

  I raised my eyebrows, "And what's your mom going to do?" I ask, just to humor him.

  He trails his hand across my cheek, down to my chin then raised it slightly, "She'll beat my ass." He says and we both fell into a fit of soft laughter, our foreheads pressed together.

  He sighs when we stopped laughing and I didn't realize I had one of my hands on his bicep and the other resting gently on the side of his neck until he opened his eyes and tugged me closer.

  "Y'know, of you hold me any tighter I just might break." I tease, trying to play off exactly how nervous I was at our proximity. I'm not going to act like there isn't something inside growing and clawing to be set free as past feelings and emotions started resurfacing.

  He's never held me like this- well he has. When he'd saved me from drowning, but that's not the same thing. Then again, even now I remember how he'd looked at me and how the air around us had cracked and sizzled with something so intense it made my head swam. But back then I thought it was the water that was in my lungs that made me feel the way I did. Now, however, seeing as the same feeling was taking over me, I have to reconsider that theory.

  He cracked a smile, his eyes closed, "I missed you," He says softly, "Missed you so much, Sylvia."

  "I missed you too." I hear myself whisper before I could even think about what I was saying.

  Then all the emotions just burst inside me along with Dakoda pushing me to kiss him. And all I could think about in that moment was feeling his lips against my own and holding him to me, so close there'd be no space between us. So close we'd almost looked like one.

  Then as I felt his breath hitting my lips softly, my heart beat started to go even faster and the hand on the side of his neck was sliding to the back of his head. The need and absolute desperation was building by the second and then I was pulling his face closer to mine.

  Our foreheads pressed together and his nose nudging the side of mine. My lips parted and as the first brush of his lips gently touched mine - barely even - there was a banging at the door.

  We froze in place. A second went by, then another and there was the banging again.

  Ace lets out a loud breath through his nose that sounded much of irritation. I pull back slightly, running my tongue over my lips to moisten them and opened my eyes slowly, staring into his eyes. I expected to see brown, but I didn't. All there was was the metallic grey with red swirls.

  This was his wolf.

  I smiled, "Hello, Jerome." I say softly.

  He opened his mouth to respond, but he was cut off by more banging on the opposite side of the door.

  That set him off, because instead of words, a low growl came from deep in his chest. However, the growl, despite how low it was, shook the picture frames on the walls and the objects sitting on the shelves along the walls.

  Instinctively, my head snapped to the side as I looked around the room then looked back at him, gaping.

  "What!" He shouts and believe it or not, it echoed. And if that wasn't enough, the chandelier shook, the crystals clinking against each other and I feared it would fall out of the ceiling and crash against the tiles.

  "Boy if you don't open this door!" A high pitched, but smooth feminine voice shouts from behind the closed doors.

  His features contorts into a look of horror - or maybe it was Jerome - and in the next second, Ace was back, his brown eyes locked on the door behind me as he froze momentarily.

  Then he got up quickly from where he was perched on the edge of his desk. I stumbled back but didn't fall since he had a firm grip on me. He kept me pressed tightly to his chest.

  I stared up at him in confusion, my hand sliding from the back of his neck, resting on his chest, "Who's that?"

  He gulped, "My mom."