Not Every Kid

64. Not Every Kid

  When I woke up, it was to something tickling my nose.

  I rolled over with a groan, burying my face in my pillow. There was a muffled giggle and I immediately perked up. It was all too familiar.

  I tilted my head, opening my eyes with much difficulty. Even though it was dark, I could see him clearly. I smiled at the cute curly haired little boy that was grinning widely in my face and Ace laying on the other side of him, smiling.

  "Did you just wake me up?" I threatened teasingly, my eyes narrowed.

  He shook his head but he was still grinning. I sprang at him, digging my fingers into his sides gently as I tickled him. He laughed uncontrollably, kicking his small legs and squirming.

  I dropped back on the bed with a laugh after he got out of breath.

  "When did you get here?" I asked with a smile.

  His permanent smile widened even more and he crawled over to me and sat up next to me.

  "Daddy got me last night but you were sleeping," He said in a dramatic whisper causing me to hold back a laugh, "You snore a lot."

  My jaw dropped and I immediately sat up, "I do not!" I exclaimed.

  He giggled and Ace chuckled.

  "I don't snore," I said firmly, staring at Ace.

  He shrugged and that caused my jaw to drop.

  I huffed, "Whatever. Even if I do, it's not my problem," I dropped back down on the bed lazily, turning away from them.

  I felt a heavy weight on top of me a second later and the spot in front of my dipped. Then there was another heavy weight on me, this one ten times heavier than the first and pressing me into the bed.

  I groaned and opened my eyes slowly. Dante was once again, staring into my face with a grin, our noses almost touching. I held back a laugh as he snuggled closer to me.

  The weight on my back shifted and I felt Ace adjusting his body so that his was lined up perfectly against mine, and sliding one of his legs between mine beneath the sheets. A smile tugged at my lips at the feeling as his body heat warmed me from head to toe.

  I could feel his breth hitting the back of my neck as his hand come around me, resting on Dante's head gently before running his fingers through his curls lightly.

  Immediately, his eyes started to droop and he pulled himelf even closer to me. I lifted my arm to wrap around his small body and pull him into my chest.

  "You tired?" I asked lowly, running my hand long his back through his pajama top. He nodded slowly, his lips parting as he yawned widely and I smiled.

  "He should be," Ace said, his fingers still running through Dante's hair, "He's been up for an hour and it's three in the morning."

  "That's beacause you were up, Daddy," Dante responds tiredly.

  I smiled when I felt Ace's heartbeat pick up against my back.