Part 31 - Unnodu En Payanam❤️

Hi Dearies,

I am back with next chapter.. This chapter turned out big so I had to cut short into 2 chapters. I will post the next chapter soon. Please do comment your views❤️

Happy Reading ❤️

The next month went by quickly for both Kathir and Mullai. They had been spending a lot of time together, on account of the preparations for the conference that needed to be carried out. She would spend one part of her day completing her work while the other part was spent in Kathir's cabin.

She had hardly been meeting  Meena and Theanmozhi and they would meet only during their lunch break. That had also stopped during the last one week before their departure. Kathir and Mullai had grown even closer during this time. He would pick her up from her house daily and drop her off as well.

Murugan had also come to know about the conference and was very pleased that Kathir had chosen his daughter to attend it with him. Parvathy was initially sceptical about sending her so far away on her own but eventually concluded that it would be good for her career.

She had also noticed that her daughter had begun unusually glowing and was suspicious as to what was going on in her life. But she eventually consoled herself thinking that she may be genuinely happy as to her work.

Mullai's feelings for Kathir had only grown over the past month. She had genuinely begun caring for his well-being and health. It was something way more than an infatuation or a crush for her. Kathir's sweet and thoughtful gestures had won her heart.

She couldn't wait to meet him every morning and when she returned home every evening, she would get restless hoping for the next day to arrive soon. She had not told anyone from her family about Kathir's pick up and drop. She even told Kathir to park his car away from her building entrance so that her mother wouldn't notice.

Her feelings for him were pure and genuine. She had been unknowingly falling for him, but didn't realise for she was new to the matters of the heart. She couldn't see him hurt and would make sure that he would be smiling. Due to the preparations, she had also visited his house and had bonded very well with Lakshmi amma.

From office, only Meena and Theanmozhi knew what had actually been going on. They both had shut their mouth or else Mullai's will father found out and she would land up in trouble. Everyone from office, including Murugan, believed that Mullai and Kathir's interaction was strictly professional.

Both of them had cleverly avoided public eye on the pretext of work and conference preparations. Kathir had thoroughly cherished and enjoyed the time they had spent together. He was looking forward to going to Australia, since he had planned a lot of things for them to do in spite of the conference. Mullai was not only looking forward to the conference but also for spending some time with Kathir.

After all the packing was done, Mullai re-checked the list one more time to see if she was forgetting anything. After making sure everything was in order, she heaved a sigh of relief. She was carrying two bags as check-in luggage and she was carrying her hand-bag with her. Since it was summer in Australia at the moment, Mullai had packed her formal clothing along with her summer dresses, shades and even a swimsuit. She checked the time, it was about 8 pm. She would be leaving home for the airport in about 4 hrs, and she would be meeting Kathir there itself.

Her family decided to drop her off, they were slightly scared as Mullai was travelling alone and that too to a foreign country. After eating her dinner, Mullai got dressed, she wore white t-shirt with blue jeans and wore her black colour boots. She had carried a pair of pyjamas to wear during the flight, since it was a nearly long flight. She did a little make-up and waited out in the living room.