Lines between fine

📚
-Mia-

"I get shot and she gets all the attention, are you fucking kidding me?" she yells as though we're 80 and deaf.

"Maybe take a seat you look like you're about to pass-"Levi says but gets interrupted.

"Who asked you to talk" she screams even louder pissing me off by the second "Mia comes along and saves the day huh" her eyes stay glued onto me without blinking "you're the one who did this"

This time I laugh "I'm sorry what"

"Laugh all you want bitch but I know you set this whole thing up, otherwise how would you know where we are"

"Ask your boyfriend" I smile but don't dare spare him a look, everyone else on the other hand does "or whatever he is nowadays" I sigh under my breath.

"What is she talking about Bane?" she snaps shuffling herself on her one good leg to face him "you know what no, I'm not letting you get into my head Mia"

In just a split second she rips her gun out pointing it right at me but before I could even hear the shot go off someone grabs my arm pulling me towards them. The shot blares through all of us seconds later except Himiko didn't shoot her gun at all, it was Ray, he shot the ground next to Himiko making her drop the gun.

Someone's warm hand around my own make me focus back on reality and when I look around I see Levi staring back with worry, Wills gaze is bouncing from me to Ray who's making Himiko take a seat which means-

I don't let the fact that this is the first time in 3 years I have felt his touch, his warmth wrap around the whole of me as if brining me back from actual death. Everyone just stare's, I can feel them, and when I glance to my side he's already waiting for me to spiral into our never ending hell. I'm ultimately the stupidest, weakest, and most pathetic women to ever exist because I've yet to move, to blink, to breath. His eyes bounce all over the place trying to take in everything in such little time and yet this feels like we've been stuck in place for hours, months, centuries worth of constant tension of not being able to say everything we want to eachother. So instead we treat the 3 second eye contact as the 3 years we spent apart, filling the holes with slowed down time and broken hope. The sound of someone gasping sends me into a frantic as I find Levi, my heart instantly stops as I see she's perfectly more than fine and that it was just Himiko passing out. She's a handful and a pain in parts of me that I won't start to list, but right now she's the only one that's pulled me out of my inability to walk away from him. But that's what I do, with his hands still closed around me I pull back, walking away from everthing that has to do with him and yet his fingertips still cling onto me, pulling me back with force that was just too faint to make a change.

"Hey" I say to Ray who's got this stern look on his face but then I remember that this was always how he looked. In an odd way it brings me comfort.

Ray signs to Will -saving your ass like always-

"Didn't I just save all your asses?" I reply not needing Will to translate what he said, which makes Ray tilt his head in surprise.

-You learnt sign language?-

"Yeah well it's about time I find out about all the shit you talk about me" I smile and I swear I saw him smile just a little back.

-It's good you're still alive-

I don't say it out loud, at least not vocally. -I think you're the only one who thinks that-

He frowns but I change the subject not wanting to draw anymore attention to us than we already have "Lev we should get going" I turn to her seeing her nod in agreement.