Way out

📚

"Here" he goes to open the door and waits for me to step in but I don't. For some reason I don't step into the car, he frowns worried suddenly.

"Would you like to walk?" I ask sort of nervously.

He smiles and closes the car door without another word. He holds my hand as we walk down the dark pathway, the moon becomes our only source of light, shining the coolest shade of white.

"Are you cold?"

"I've got a coat on Nicholas" I chuckle "no, I'm okay, thank you" I smile looking up at him.

"You know, I never imagined you would ever even look at me again. Actually i truly believed I lost you"

I look down at the ground below me, thinking about one too many things "you did lose me, in all the ways a person can be lost. I meant what I said, this is going to take a lot of work"

"But- you do want this, right?"

"I do"

His hand grips a tad tighter around my own and I swear, I swear I feel so at home.

"I need to clear something up with you" he stops walking and steps in front of me. We're in the middle of an empty street but he doesn't seem to care about that, balcony's with flower pots surround us as they sit above restaurants and shops. Dim lights flicker in the dark windowsills and very quietly, very softly a radio plays just somewhere behind us playing the sweetest song I haven't listened to in forever.

"Me and Himiko were never a thing"

I smile confusingly at him, why is he telling me this?

"I need you to know I haven't- I haven't, I waited for you"

Now I'm really confused.

"Mia" he chuckles "I haven't been with anyone since you. Not one person, never" he shakes his head.

"You mean.. you haven't slept with anyone in..."

"3 years"

I'm gobsmacked. Literally.

"I'm telling you this because I need you to understand how entirely yours I am"

"Nicholas-" I chuckle backing away from him slightly "you can't be serious"

"I wouldn't lie to you, never again"

I stand there staring at him with our inch of space in-between us, it's not that I don't believe he's telling the truth, because I do believe him. What I can't believe is that someone could be so- so in love with me, that they would go to these lengths to show it.

"I hope you don't think I'm just going to go and sleep with you now"

Start song now ^^^

He chuckles closing the space "my love if I need to I'll wait a whole decade, I want you, not what you can give me"

"You keep saying that, 'I want you', but what does that even mean"

His gentle hands grasp my face, cupping it lovingly "it means I want you. Your troubles, your fights. I want the worst parts of you even if I don't think those exists" my hair is slowly tucked behind my ears "you"

"You've always had your ways with words you know that?" I tease but his smile lingers no matter what.

"I love you Mia"

And just like that I'm no longer smiling.

"Dance with me?"

"Dance?"

He takes me hand in his, setting the other one on my lower back. My chest collided with his gently and everything becomes non important, nothing could ever matter as much as this. The song plays in the background and I close my eyes laying my head on his chest, he only pulls me in closer wrapping his arm tighter around my body.

We dance.

We stand in the middle of the empty dark streets with the moon and stars right above us, the sky all of a sudden begins to growl and it's not the prettiest noise you'll ever hear but it's one that's unavoidable. Nicholas doesn't move though and neither do I, not even when the little droplets begin to drown everything it touches including us. But we stay put together anyways.

"Nicholas"

"Hmm"

"Can- can I kiss you?"

His chest tightens and it takes a moment for him to look at me but when he does he doesn't quite believe what I've just said.

"Your asking me?"

"This is still slow" I mutter as he inches closer "we'll still go slow- I just- this d-doesn't change that"

"Of course" he mutters back but I can tell it's pointless, there's no way of denying the need for one another.

Just as our lips brush against one another there's a drop in the pit of my stomach, one that reminds me of the pain this man's lips had once cost me and the thing is, I would take all of it again if it meant feeling them once more. His breath hits my mouth just before he closes that pointless gap.

It's so- exploding. That's the only way I could possibly describe it, it's familiar, soft, mine, warm, hungry, effortlessly perfectly to the very drop. Our lips move in sync and his hands trail their way to my cheeks once more. I trail my own hands to the front of his belt pulling him in closer, he smiles against my lips and I melt even harder.

"You taste so good"

I pull him back in already starving from those seconds of torture. No more talking, never.

"Fuck" he gasps into my mouth and I swallow every inch of what he keeps feeding me.

"Okay-" I suck in a breath trying to pull away but there's no way he's letting me go "Nicholas, slow- slow remember?"

"Right- yeah-"

But he just backs me into a wall that has literally come out of nowhere, this only gives him more power.

"Nicholas" I breath a little too heavy as he kisses my neck.

"Mia"

"Stop kissing me"

"How?" He mumbles against me sending my knees buckling but he holds me up.

"Step back" I chuckle.

"You're going to have to stab me or something because I'm utterly fucked here" his mouth meets mine once again this time so much more aggressively, a lot more starving sending a whole different thought into my head. One where it definitely doesn't involve going slow, or clothes for that matter.

I push him back stepping into the pounding rain for air.

"Alright" I sigh blinking the heat from out my body "that was not slow"

"I'm sorry-"

"No" I spin around "no no I didn't mean that to sound like I regretted it- I-" fuck me I'm literally dying over here "no Nicholas I wanted this"

That light is back in the matter of seconds and I want more of it.

"We should get back"

"Yeah come on, you need warmer clothes"

Very carefully we walk back, this time separately just incase we touched each-other, because then- then there wouldn't be a way out.